Oct update. June drilled brassicas into standing clover.

Nice job!

Looking great

Man they look good.

any woodiness to the brassicas? I had heard that the June planting that was a concern? it looked like there was some browse on the brassicas as well?
Would love to try this method. Thanks!

The plot is filled with deer everyday. They primarily eat the radish and clover at this stage of the game.

When discussing a plot like you have to understand its purpose to understand the value. By that I mean I currently have a surplus of food on the property annually. So, I could care less if some of the brassica is not eaten because I am using them as a cover crop to scavenge and hold nutrients while improving the soil. Meanwhile, if the other food did run out, the deer would be inclined to eat the left over brassicas regardless of whether there in the optimal state. So, it is a highly successful strategy for my management style.

Very awesome! I will have to put my radishes in earlier into my clover next year. I put mine into my clover near labor day and they are way smaller than yours.

thanks for the info! I've never tried planting any kind of brassica much before August so this is definitely something that will need a try next year. I have some good clover, but eventually it gets eaten down or dies from the cold and thats where I would expect the brassicas to shine (and this would be right in the middle of the rut, so it would more than likely be a doe and thus, buck, hotspot)

Here is an example of Radish last winter.E646EAD6-BB78-41EA-9B1F-A3BECE1158E6.jpeg