NRCS EQIP funding available for buckthorn removal

biglakeba$$

5 year old buck +
Just talked to our forester and we have a meeting at our property July 1st to look at the buckthorn.

NRCS EQIP has funding/cost share available for removal of it.

Just fyi in case any of you have a problem, want to get rid of it, and get some cost share money to do so.

Just talked to our forester and we have a meeting at our property July 1st to look at the buckthorn.

NRCS EQIP has funding/cost share available for removal of it.

Just fyi in case any of you have a problem, want to get rid of it, and get some cost share money to do so.

Didn't you do that a few years ago?

Much success?

We did. But we didn't do the whole property, so I want to tackle some more.

What we did at that time is coming back with young stuff unfortuneately. And lots of it. We did take care of the vast majority of mature stuff that were mega seed producing trees.

I'm not sure I could ever get rid of buckthorn in my woods

Well if you want to try and do something about it, now you can get some financial assistance to pay for the chemicals and your time doing it.

Check into it and pick a couple acres and have at it. See what happens.

As the forester told me today, the work we did several years ago got rid of a lot of the major seed producers. So at least we don't have that now. What we have is a lot of young growth and he said if we can nail that stuff now, we can at least keep it under control going forward much easier.

Heck, I am gonna keep at it.

I'm not sure I could ever get rid of buckthorn in my woods
I don't think I could lvie long enough to make a difference.