All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No more group hunting with Jr. antlerless tags in Wisconsin

Hmmm...someone will have to explain how that will be enforced...especially with online registration?

Thanks for the heads up.... They are going to struggle enforcing it as it's such a late change.

I'm glad they made the change though. Youth tags should be for YOUTH!

Reminds me of the time we drove to Ontario for a whitetail hunt. When we got there and tried to buy a license they said "Sorry, the dates in the regulations had a mis-print. Season is closed". :oops::eek:

-John

I agree, hard to enforce. But that's no excuse not to change the law. I'm glad they did so. The number of antlerless deer harvested up north in the buck only counties last year was ridiculous.

Never heard of such a thing. It should never have been a law in the first place.

How many youth tags got filled while the kids were in school?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree it may be hard to enforce. ...people who want more tags will continue to do so.

Lots of "group" tags filled today farther than verbal communication range. Some so far as back at the house.

I agree the change is good....I just don't see it being able to be enforced. You'd like to think that people hunters would enforce it themselves... but we all know that isn't going to happen.

At least it makes that many more guys into violators and if they get caught in some way, shape, or form, they can lose their hunting privileges.

What is the reasoning for party hunting anyway...

I think its one of those things that went hand in hand with deer drives when they used to be the preferred method of hunting at many deer camps years ago.