NFL

MNhQBU9.jpg

Went golfing today. Whispering Pines in Annandale, MN is a pretty fun course. Had so much fun after the first 18 that we golfed the whole course a second time playing best ball. Only the third time I have golfed in the past four years. Was pretty surprised how many good shots I had. There were some big oaks dropping acorns and there was deer shit all over the place. They must really pound them at night. I know what I’m doing next Sunday.

2922DF64-4135-413F-8FCD-79C3E08854AF.jpeg1C5C78E5-0FBC-428E-BA16-ED557A2054BE.png

Went golfing today. Whispering Pines in Annandale, MN is a pretty fun course. Had so much fun after the first 18 that we golfed the whole course a second time playing best ball. Only the third time I have golfed in the past four years. Was pretty surprised how many good shots I had. There were some big oaks dropping acorns and there was deer shit all over the place. They must really pound them at night. I know what I’m doing next Sunday.

View attachment 31691View attachment 31692
Lol, I've been know to collect acorns in parking lots and city parks. I imagine there is security camera footage of me parking my truck under a tree at Target then climbing the tree to shake nuts into the bed of the truck. WTF moment for some guard on camera duty.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Watched my son play a doubleheader today. Actually was upset/disappointed about all the football talk. He played well, just wish he would have been put on a different team. I well it’s only a 3 week long season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cleaned the garage and did yard work all day long. Made room for another 20 cu ft freezer that's coming in 2 wks. So much better than watching professional football.

I tried pretty hard to like golf and be good at it when I was younger. Just wasn't meant to be. Could always hit a hardball or tennis ball well. Not sure what my deal with golf was, but happy that I haven't spent a penny on it since '03. I think I tried hitting it too hard. That's what I love about tennis. You can crush the ball as hard as you can, again and again and again. I always liked watching some of the Major golf tourneys. Respect the skill those guys have.

I've tried like hell NOT to like golf. Expensive and time consuming. No sense in driving an hour to get to a course to spend the afternoon when I can walk out the door and start a run that will only take an hour to finish. Golf is fun. Scrambles are a blast! Im cheap and stress when I'm not working on something.

I think the backlash against pro sports is a good thing in general. They were getting way too big for their britches and need to be taken down a peg or two.

I am not sure how much longer I can deal with the incessant whining on this site. All that seems to be discussed now is politics, Covid-19, and the stock market. I do miss those true habitat discussions.

Two things on that:

1. This is the only place where I can have a reasonable discussion about those things, so I see it as a big plus.

2. This is the transition period between habitat season and hunting season. I won't have much habitat work to discuss until January.

Not against anyone here, as I am in the same boat. Loved to watch it, but didnt turn on a single game. Nearly everyone that posts on different sites say they won't turn it on.. yet the ratings are only down like 18%, and only 24% for the NBA which is way worse with their nonsense. Doesn't seem to line up.

Not against anyone here, as I am in the same boat. Loved to watch it, but didnt turn on a single game. Nearly everyone that posts on different sites say they won't turn it on.. yet the ratings are only down like 18%, and only 24% for the NBA which is way worse with their nonsense. Doesn't seem to line up.
A couple of things are probably in play with this. One... you probably frequent sites with mostly like minded members who are likely to feel the same way but isn't necessarily a significant part of the population as a whole. Too... people want to "feel" good. With unemployment high, news appoctolyptic, and shutdown in effect people are probably tuning in to tv more than ever. Three... many bars are shut down. If 50 people (who used to watch the game on the same TV) are all at home watching that increases viewership. 4... I think 18%-24% is huge! If my moneymaker was down that much I would be scared as hell.

I'd like to see the pro athletes have to take a HUGE pay cut or be replaced by someone that will PLAY for less money. None of them are worth what they are being paid.jmho

I'd like to see the pro athletes have to take a HUGE pay cut or be replaced by someone that will PLAY for less money. None of them are worth what they are being paid.jmho
What they are worth to owners and advertisers and what they are worth to you and I are completely different. I don't think they are worth the weight of their overseas produced jerseys.

Go to Bowsite and state a crossbow is as challenging as a trad bow ... you can step out 6 posts later and watch them devour themselves ... they will never know you were there.

Hahaaa.. I have dropped most of the hunting sites on my social media because of the constant bickering of topics like this. I try to stay open minded and keep the mentality that the best tool to harvest a deer is the legal one each person is most comfortable with and harvests the animal quickly. I wasn't a fan of crossbows even after using one, that was 10 years ago. Today my shoulder pops and cracks rather loudly when I draw my compound, I had to drop from 70 lbs to 55 lbs due to injuries with my back and shoulder. I still struggle to draw when awkward or sitting shots come into play. 2 years ago had to watch a tall 9 point walk at 25 yards because I held so long on a doe earlier that morning, when he walked in I tried to draw and couldn't get the bow back :emoji_eyes:
I am only 48 but it has been a rough 30 years of work and just don't have the body I had not to long ago, I have accepted that and work around it. The crossbow puts me back in the game with confidence, awkward as they are to carry and hunt with they are accurate and fast... but loud! I don't care what people hunt with but many people do, someday those people will be in my shoes and see things differently. Until then I leave this link with a comment like "if he can hit a cheesit at 100 yards with a compound with no arms, so can anyone else"

Great video, if you haven't seen it before it's worth watching.

*losing 24% of your business would sink many companies!

Let me get this straight...
The league wants to fine coaches, trainers, players, etc for not wearing masks on the sidelines but its okay that they exchange bodily fluids and not social distance on the field??
The insanity continues.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Let me get this straight...
The league wants to fine coaches, trainers, players, etc for not wearing masks on the sidelines but its okay that they exchange bodily fluids and not social distance on the field??
The insanity continues.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

And lock arms on the field pressing body parts together for woke virtue signaling.

They can protest another way. Stand for the american flag! Taking a knee is just disrespectful to every american.

They can protest another way. Stand for the american flag! Taking a knee is just disrespectful to every american.
Protesters always said it isn't disrespectful to the military. It is though, plain and simple. Don't spit on me from the upper deck and tell me it's raining. If it's worth doing then own it, but don't lie to me and think I'll respect you for it.

If any player, team, or the league itself helps finance bail, bricks, riot gear, skateboards, or supplies of any kind to those attacking police or innocent people, it's a non starter for me. I am one person, but I will rest easy knowing I contribute nothing to those that burn, loot, and kill in the name of chaos.