New York City?

Green light for the skid steer flail mower!

For sure at the top of the list!

Got to figure out cars first; Replacing the oldest kid's car AND deciding what to do with the wife's car if they do or don't total it. Lol, we may he broke in a week!

Hope the insurance thing goes well for you.

Enjoy car shopping......... The hounds are hungry at the dealers these days. Could be good, could be annoying, could go either way.

I put 110 miles a day on a car, it's hard to be excited about a vehicle your going to chew up and spit out. Bought a car new in 2017, it's got 180k on it now. Still runs good, doesnt eat parts or fluids, starting to get rusty, not rotted though.

What's the wife been eyeing for a vehicle? Money or usage is no object, probably would get a lexus ES, expediton, or a used explorer interceptor. They don't sell the twin turbo interceptor to general folks, got to get them used. Ford doesn't make a economy car, so probably leaning towards a corolla.

I lived in the bronx for 2 years and long island for about 5. The water is the woods up there. Plenty of good fishing to b had. What you guys catch as prizes on lakes is used for bait in the ocean. Duck hunting is popular too. Most towns have a public shooting range in long island. Lots of folks like us on there. If they all lived up where we did it wouldn't be the wood anymore.

The company I work for was closing a plant in 2012. I worked in the new plant, but they were trying to make room for guys at the old place. They offered relocation for any job we were qualified for. So, I ended up about an hour west of where I grew up. I had a job offer to be supervisor for some gas turbine site in west virginia, so that would of been an intersting twist to my hunting / fishing.

Last edited:
110 a day is plenty! The wife's car is 2017 with 150,000 on it. She was completely excited about getting a few yrs of non-payment miles on the car, don't think she's eyed anything. A Lexus would be nice!
Should have looked at fishing but glad I didn't. It was her trip, I'd felt bad taking time away from her.

Plenty of good fishing to b had. What you guys catch as prizes on lakes is used for bait in the ocean.
Not to derail, but those bastards had an offshore eddy this spring into late summer that just sat there. It just spun warm gulf water and fish right to them. I was 200+ nautical miles south eating potato chips while they were bailing tuna everyday. 😡Maybe next year.😁

For the car thing my wife can put 150,000 miles on a car in no time. Last one was a 2014 Ford explorer with 225,000 Miles. Current one is a 2020 GMC Acadia with about 75,000. Next one is a Hyundai. Might as well let her burn up a cheap car. Worst part is it’s mostly running grandchildren around.

Glad NYC was fun. My wife has been hinting about a broadway show. Might have to do it before next deer season to build up some points…. I always seem to enjoy the trip up there but I’d never go if wasn’t for my wife.

Well, we spent a week in NY and I absolutely loved it. I'm a eater so finding fun food everywhere was fun. The wife was awestruck by the size of things. It's huge, buildings are huge, decorations are huge... it's just an amazingly grand place. I figured it would be cold and grumpy. Turned out to be cold and happy. It's weird to say, but everyone had the Christmas spirit.

Saw a Broadway show. I'm not a theater guy but it was fun! (Maybe I am a theater guy?)

View attachment 60897View attachment 60898View attachment 60899View attachment 60900View attachment 60901View attachment 60902View attachment 60903View attachment 60904View attachment 60905

This was weird. The mayor had some sort of rally going on. He was yelling, rappers were rapping, people were fired up. It was theatrical and weird politics in my opinion.
View attachment 60906
Glad you had a good time, Cat! Some great eating to be had in NYC! I wouldn't want to live there, but visiting once in a while is fun.

Your photos tell the story; you folks had a great time. The holidays usually are a nice time to visit a city and see the sites, outside the crush of the shopping rush. Folks are often in somewhat of a festive mood and pleasant to be around and helpful. It's likely you both will remember the trip fondly for the rest of your lives.

Too much people and pavement for me! But, I would enjoy the food.

Thanks guys. It was truly a trip of a lifetime! It was too many people, but they were all happy so that made it better.