New truck need opinions (pics included)

Dang Kskid sounds like you really made them squeel!
I really only wanted a fair price. I know they won't sell at a loss. Everybody has to make a living. :) The other very important factors were that I had a good (but old) truck and I wasn't in a hurry & didn't care if I bought now or next year. When the salesman asked how I arrived at $9K off msrp, I told him there was a Ram ad in the paper saying 10K off (which there was). He said that price was the best possible, but very few people would qualify for all the discounts (a specific truck, veteran, Ram upgrade, trade in, etc). I told them if it can happen for one person, they can make it happen for me if they want to. I never took an attitude with them, just very quietly (and repeatedly) reminded them of the facts of my position.

Are you on the job? I'm in a suburb of KC. The schedule is how I have time to work on the farm. (And hope to see you in the Series!)

I really only wanted a fair price. I know they won't sell at a loss. Everybody has to make a living. :) The other very important factors were that I had a good (but old) truck and I wasn't in a hurry & didn't care if I bought now or next year. When the salesman asked how I arrived at $9K off msrp, I told him there was a Ram ad in the paper saying 10K off (which there was). He said that price was the best possible, but very few people would qualify for all the discounts (a specific truck, veteran, Ram upgrade, trade in, etc). I told them if it can happen for one person, they can make it happen for me if they want to. I never took an attitude with them, just very quietly (and repeatedly) reminded them of the facts of my position.

Are you on the job? I'm in a suburb of KC. The schedule is how I have time to work on the farm. (And hope to see you in the Series!)
I hope I can get the 10K off. We shall see. Not on the job today. Go back to work Fri. We just finished a 1 yr trial of the 48/96 schedule and all love it. I couldnt imagine working a 9-5 job. That would be something to play you guys in the series! I think your royals are gonna make it happen this yr. They are playing dang good ball!

I have an 11 ram 1500 4x4 quad cab and a12 2500 crew both with the hemi and very happy with both. The 2500 is a tradesman that is my primary work truck, lawn/landscape. Since somewhere around 93/94 I have put close 700k miles on dodge trucks and have only had one serious repair. Had to replace a tranny at 192k one one truck. Only other repair was a leaking radiator.

She is a muckity aerospace engineer her 08' depreciated $1.20/mile The hard top comes out of the trunk auto parellel park,ect i would never pay 6 figures for a car but she deserves it

She is an aerospace engineer muckity muck. 200 nites/year in hotel rooms, she deserves it. Her 08' sl depreciated $1.20/mile. It has heat/cool seats, neck air, hardtop folds in the trunk, parrell parks itself, engine shuts off at stop lites but I would never pay 6 figures for a ride.

200 nites a year and she is buying a car? How many miles does she if an 08 depreciates when she is driving it 162 days. I can tell you I travel a TON and I do 100 nites a year, which is considered to be EXCESSIVE. I can't imagine 200 nites. Why own a home or a car or even anything? That literally insane. Good for her.

Seattle, Stl,Philly, the cape, same hiltons, different week. My last year in corp. I spent 204 nites in Embassy suites. I would wakeup and look at the phone to remember where I was. QUOTE]

I remember some of my heavy travel years ... 85% on the road ... one year I was in 2-3 cities every week ...

I finally figured I was traveling to much when I too looked for the local yellow pages I would set near my bed in the hotel room also, so I knew what city I was in ... and couldn't find it that morning ... finally dawned on me that I woke up in my own apartment and could not recognize where I was at ...

NovemberForever ... sounds like your sweetie-pie has earned her slice of solace ... good for her ... rock on!

Last edited:
Her 08' had 66k on it. They gave her 80k less then she paid new from the same dealership which is the highest volume MBz dealer in the world. Seattle, Stl,Philly, the cape, same hiltons, different week. My last year in corp. I spent 204 nites in Embassy suites. I would wakeup and look at the phone to remember where I was. Nice ride but I won't own a vehicle I can't transport a deer in. Besides, $800 oil changes are a bit much.

I am a marriott guy and have been for years. I haven't stayed at many Hilton properties. that's weird on the price of the oil changes. I have a good friend that is the GM and owner of Park Place car dealerships in DFW and he said 800 for an oil change?? Normally those are like 300 for a the 15K check up which includes the oil change. He is a great guy and nice to know people that came from grass roots that make it big and guy is honest is the day is long.

We just finished a 1 yr trial of the 48/96 schedule and all love it. I couldnt imagine working a 9-5 job. That would be something to play you guys in the series! I think your royals are gonna make it happen this yr. They are playing dang good ball!

Your crystal ball was right for KC - sorry you guys didn't beat SF. Royals not playing so hot tonight...

I agree about 9 to 5. That 48/96 sounds interesting. I think I'd like it. How did you get them to go for the trial? We alternate 24 for three shifts then 96.

Stay safe.

Your crystal ball was right for KC - sorry you guys didn't beat SF. Royals not playing so hot tonight...

I agree about 9 to 5. That 48/96 sounds interesting. I think I'd like it. How did you get them to go for the trial? We alternate 24 for three shifts then 96.

Stay safe.

SF was the better team. It hurts to say it but they deserved to win. I'm rooting for your royals now!
As far as the one yr trial on the 48/96. First step was to get a vote among the employees. We had 3 of 24 line personnel that said they didn't want anything to do with it. All the others were on board. 1 of those 3 now loves it. We then approaches our board and asked to discuss it with them. They agreed. (We have a great board) We then put together a power point presentation, basically throwing a sales pitch on how the 48/96 schedule an how it's better all the way around in terms of short an long term fatigue and saving money for the district. It has been documented that people do not call in sick nearly as often when working this schedule. With much persuasion and feed back from other that work the schedule an love it. They agreed to allow a 1 yr trial. Trial has come an gone. Employees love it. No negative feedback. Now approved for good. That's it in a nut shell! Let me know if you want any additional information. I believe I still have the power point presentation if your interested in it. The thing I like the most about it is the gas money you save as well as the wear an tear on your vehicle.
Good luck with your royals!
Jordan

Jordan,
That's a great story. Sounds like you guys had a lot going in your favor. I doubt our city would go for it, but I think most of the guys would - lots of long distance commuters. Interesting about the sick leave! I'll talk it up around here for a while and see if it picks up any momentum. Thanks for all the information!
Tom

Well this tight ass finally Pulled the trigger on a used one boys.
Mint 02 F350 7.3 powerstroke with low miles thats been babied by a good friend of mine, 4'' straight piped, k&n stage 2 air intake, edge programmer
image1 (1).JPG
image2.JPG

looks like the truck had been taken care of. Should be plenty of room for the family and gear.

Enjoy!

I was eyeballing a really nice looking used Ford diesel just last week, great deal. Then I found out it had the 6.0 liter diesel, after all the horror stories I've heard, I had to say no thanks. I have a feeling that might have been why it was so cheap.

I have two weeks left with my Chevy 2500 crew cab. Then I take possession of a company car 2015 Subaru Outback. It is going to be a hard transition to say the least. Trying to move everything I need moved in the next two weeks.

I have two weeks left with my Chevy 2500 crew cab. Then I take possession of a company car 2015 Subaru Outback. It is going to be a hard transition to say the least. Trying to move everything I need moved in the next two weeks.
I bet you are!

I'd be very sad if that was the case for me. But on a bright note, my mom has a '08 outback and it's a nice car.

I had a similar situation for many years: Company Cars. I always added a good trailer hitch and seemed to get along pretty well with that. A good trailer takes no insurance and is a good investment for what you can do with it. I still rather own an SUV over a Pick-up......and I have a couple of various size trailers.....so I get along quite well that way.