UTV Opinions/Advice Solicited

I got a Polaris 570 when I bought my place so I have no history with it. Think it’s a 2015. Something happened pretty soon after I got it and it won’t go above 10mph. Drives me crazy. I’ve tried a new battery, snapping in seatbelts, nothing works. It has a switch in the dash and it’s on the rabbit setting, I don’t have the key to turn it anyway. Guess I have to take it to the shop and have them recent the cpu

Almost any machine can be made quieter with an after market muffler.
That is probably true from an exhaust perspective. The question is whether it is enough given the vibration noise and stuff. For me, the exhaust noise is pretty minor at 10 mph.

Never considered that aspect but it probably is a significant consideration for people cruising old RR track ATV trails or covering miles on gravel roads. We’ve never used them recreationally like that. 40 MPh is pushing top speed for a pioneer 700. Between the wide open throttle, wind noise, and ground noise, I have a hard time seeing casual communication being convenient.

The 700 Honda is kind of a dog and more suited to work than cruising. The 1000 Honda or bigger Polaris and Can-Am machines have quite a bit more power and wouldn’t have to work as hard to get moving.
I think that is true. I looked hard at the Honda 1000 before I decided on the 700. I did not like the frame size on those larger UTVs. Even the 700 is a bit more limited than my old Kawasaki Prairie for deer retrieval. My main purpose was for work around the farm and deer retrieval when I chose the 700. It was a good balance for me. By the way, I chose the Deluxe because of the power steering. I haven't had an opportunity to use any of the other features that differentiate the Deluxe from the straight 700.

I agree, I don’t think it is the exhaust, I think it is mostly engine noise. But like you said you sit right in front of the engine, but on an ATV you sit right above the engine, and it’s much quieter.
I think you are absolutely right....But I got no one to chat with when I'm on the ATV. 😄

I have a Honda Pioneer 700-4. I have really enjoyed owning the machine. As said it's a bit loud....but never been a huge thing to me. I like having the ability to take four people for a "land tour" around my land. I installed a heater and some other mods after purchase. The heater works "OK" but it's not great. The problem with the heater is that it gets so blasted hot in the cab in the summer time. There is a "shut -off" means.....and I tried to get that done when I took it in for service. They were short staffed so they put that off. Grrrrr.....was one of the reasons I took it in for service.

Mine is a 2014 machine and has been almost bullet proof in operation and reliability. Still got the original battery too. (knock on wood).

Reactions: 356
I have a mule pro fxt and it is quieter by a good bit than my neighbors pioneer. His machine is quite a bit faster but I don’t think either machine has seen 40 mph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk