Moose Attacks Combine!

West Branch

5 year old buck +
Part of the harvesting crew my brother works for is out in the Garrison ND area and they have had a moose following them around for a few days. They said it was resting its head on the semi truck hood and just hanging out nearby. And it would follow the combines around the field some. It finally had enough of the combine!

That boy is lucky he didn't get his rack pulled into the combine head. I'd be asking for a nuisance tag to put that guy in the freezer. Not that he actually is, but how often do you get a moose around Garrison?

Unreal!

No wonder he attacked, it was a Case, I bet he would have left a John Deere alone.

Last edited:
That boy is lucky he didn't get his rack pulled into the combine head. I'd be asking for a nuisance tag to put that guy in the freezer. Not that he actually is, but how often do you get a moose around Garrison?

It is out side of their traditional range but they have been seeing a lot more prairie moose in recent years.

http://bismarcktribune.com/lifestyl...cle_10b1b494-36ac-11e3-8b3e-001a4bcf887a.html

The have seen moose ever year for the last 4 while combining in the Crookston area or around Rolla ND. They have had a couple big bears in fields in NW MN as well.

Like I said the moose had been around for a few days and seemed friendly at times. One of the guys on their crew was thinking about becoming a darwin award candidate:

May be time to start a moose habitat talk forum...