MN Deer Goal setting teams deadline November 17th

B

bat man

The stakeholder deadline is November 17th.

Don't forget to apply if you want to vote for some 50% increases to the current goals.

We may not get our increases voted in but Lucy will have some splaining to do if the super majority votes in the max and gets denied.

Definite chance to make our concerns known and make some waves in the DNR led agenda laden process.

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/mammals/deer/advisory.html

I'm anxiously awaiting my communication from the DNR telling me I've been selected as a team member :)

Me Too!

me three!

I think we may have a legitimate shot on impacting one of these teams this time around. Only time will tell.

Now, if I can get a bunch of you guys to apply for my area next year (you all hunted here in 2014 as I recall ;) ) it would be pretty nice

Dream on!;)

The stakeholder deadline is November 17th.

Don't forget to apply if you want to vote for some 50% increases to the current goals.

We may not get our increases voted in but Lucy will have some splaining to do if the super majority votes in the max and gets denied.

Definite chance to make our concerns known and make some waves in the DNR led agenda laden process.

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/mammals/deer/advisory.html

I am very interested in doing this and representing NC Plains Moraines Area 2. The question I have is where are these meetings held?? If they are held in the Twin Cities I would gladly volunteer to do this as I live about an hour west. If they are gonna be held up north it is going to be near impossible for me to attend one of the meetings (kids). I know last year the DNR didnt really have one single meeting close to me that I could attend. Dont think they had one at all in the metro and almost nothing on the weekend. If I recall correctly it was more places like Hibbing, Morris, Marshall. Nothing like holding the meetings far away from other hunters during middle of the week. I own land and hunt in 172. Foolishly it was not bucks only this year even though the snow was sack high by mid January.

Attachments

• wsi_dpa_map14.pdf
    547.4 KB · Views: 3
Fill that application out with kid boxing gloves on. Do not give them a reason to throw you out before they get started. Good Luck!

Buck-I grew up in 172 and also own land there. I tried to talk one person into applying for the team. I will try again.

I believe there were 500 doe tags there. It would be interesting to see how many youth tags were filled with antlerless deer in that area.
One group is bringing a youth up for the last weekend of the hunt. I hope the youngster can kill his own deer..........

Hunter numbers are down from the old days in 172.

I have applied for the team in zone 2 as an official rep.

If it is too far for you guys to drive, sign up as a farmer or concerned motorist and then just don't show up for the meetings.

Seriously do it.

We need hunters to be represented on the teams.

If it is too far for you guys to drive, sign up as a farmer or concerned motorist and then just don't show up for the meetings.

Seriously do it.

We need hunters to be represented on the teams.

Sounds like a plan. I actually do farm about 200 acres of corn down in Mcleod County.

Quite a few of us are in the east central uplands area so hopefully a couple get on for there.

Quite a few of us are in the east central uplands area so hopefully a couple get on for there.
Two or three could give a little more push!

The wolf in sheep's clothing submitted the application this morning. I am just a simple dumb farmer worried about my crops, public safety, and forest over run by deer and there is still plenty of opportunity to tag a great animal in this state and the DNR has done a wonderful job trying to keep the thankless hunters of this state happy after the last two brutal winters. ;)