Go Time: Final Action On MN Deer Audit

SD51555

5 year old buck +
I nailed down some more specifics on this status of the audit and what is happening next.

*There is not a vote tomorrow. Tomorrow's meeting is to review the MN Film Board audit.

*On Wednesday April 15th, the Evaluation Subcommittee is meeting to select 6 (or so) topics to present to the full Legislative Audit Commission for a final topic selection on either April 16th or 17th. The final meeting to make that selection hasn't been set yet.

*There is a survey due tomorrow from all members of the house and senate. In this survey, they select up to four topics they want to see audited. The survey results carry a lot of sway with the commission (according to the secretary of the evaluation subcommittee).

Action items needed in sequential order:

1. Email everyone in the legislature. Urge them to ask for the deer audit in their audit input survey if they have not submitted it yet. Remember it is due tomorrow, so this one is very time sensitive. As of this post, only 52 of about 200 had submitted theirs, so there is still time.

2. Pick up the phone and call the four members of the evaluation subcommittee. Phone calls are second only to showing up in person. The more effort we show, the more it'll be considered. Tell them to make sure the deer audit stays in the list that will go to the full committee.

*Sen Rick Hansen (D) Chair - 651-296-6828
*Rep Connie Bernardy (D) - 651-296-5510
*Sen Mary Kiffmeyer (R) - 651296-5655
*Sen Warren Limmter (R) - 651-296-2159

3. Call every member of the Legislative Audit Commission and tell them to select the deer audit in the final vote. To view phone numbers, go to: http://www.auditor.leg.state.mn.us/lac.htm
Also pasted here:
audit.PNG

To help gauge our impact, please post back in this thread what you were able to do and what the result was. My gut tells me Limmer and Kiffmeyer are on board I can't speak for the other two on the evaluation subcommittee.

Google Chrome 8.png

I sent my email to the entire legislature. I'll also paste the verbage below if you want to use it.
auditttt.PNG

To the legislators of Minnesota,

If you have not completed your input survey for the Legislative Audit Commission, please use your voice to support the deer management audit. This is very important to me and half a million whitetail enthusiasts in and around Minnesota. Please help us take the necessary actions to restore the deer herd to sustainability and ensure the future of our hunting heritage. The survey is due tomorrow, so please take action tonight. I had a conversation with a coordinator at the auditor's office this afternoon and only 1/4 of the surveys had been submitted as of 3pm today.

This is why it's going to be critical that we pick up the phones and call next week. The legislators are getting mountains of email and may not even be reading all of them. As soon as I sent, this bounced right back at me. The majority of the auto-replies were a version of "Thanks. Do I represent you? I get a lot of email. Call my assistant. Send me your address. I may respond if you're in my district."

We have to start jammin the phone lines to each member of the Legislative Audit Commission starting tomorrow.
auto.PNG

Do I really want to try and speak to Phyllis Khan on the phone?? Sorry, but I dont speak moonbat, dingbat, or dumbass so we will have one hell of a time communicating.

Maybe if I can communicate to her that deer are some type of refugee, minority, homosexual, transgender, cross-dressing mystical creature then we may have a shot with her. Otherwise I suspect the good representative will never go against the DNR.

To the legislators of Minnesota,

If you have not completed your input survey for the Legislative Audit Commission, please use your voice to support the deer management audit. This is very important to me and half a million whitetail enthusiasts in and around Minnesota that spend over $1 billion dollars on the MN economy and millions of hours in the woods each season.

Please help us take the necessary actions to restore the deer herd to sustainability and ensure the future of our hunting heritage. The path the DNR has taken us down IS NOT WORKING, and we need to find out why. I simply can not trust an agency that has already been called into question over every aspect of the recent deer population goal setting meetings. Immediate and drastic changes are needed to restore the long-standing tradition of deer hunting in this state.

I am damn sick of sitting on my property spending all of my hard earned money to build deer habitat only to see few deer and lots of wolves.

Thanks for your consideration,

NICE!!! Still too early for me to spike the football.

Stuart,

Maybe you can do me a favor and post that article over on FM for purple floyd to choke on. I really hope this happens and all the DNR apologist get kicked right in the plumbs. I also hope some of the condescending pricks at the DNR lose their job or at least get demoted.

Progress. Nice work gentlemen!

I've heard back personally from 3 legislators so far tonight that said they picked the deer audit in their legislator survey.

Rep Glenn Gruenhagen
Rep Michael Nelson
Rep Roz Peterson

Awesome news to start a Friday with!

When I read the article, thought I was dreaming.

A moment ago from Bob Loonan "It was the top one on my list submitted David. I am hoping it gets looked at as well, Bob"

A lot of hard work is being done here. I hope it works for you guys. Keep it up.

Pfffttt!!! Bunch of upstarts! ;):cool::D

So, does anyone know when an announcement will be made? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you guys!

Sunday bump: Reminder to anyone that wants to see this through to the end, either going down fighting or a nailing a huge win, pick up the phone tomorrow and make four phone calls. This shouldn't just be a MN issue. Hopefully MN can be a catalyst for getting this right in every other state where the deer herd has been beaten to a pulp. Non-resident hunters, Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan, Ohio, Indian, Illinois, PA, MO, hell everyone, we could use your help. You may never hunt here, but what happens here could be catalyst for a change in direction in your state.

It's unlikely we'll get to talk directly to any legislators, but their aides will be taking notes and giving them a heads up that the deer hunters are engaged in April and not going away.

Step 1: Pick up the phone and call the four members of the evaluation subcommittee. Tell them to make sure the deer audit stays in the list that will go to the full committee.

*Sen Rick Hansen (D) Chair - 651-296-6828
*Rep Connie Bernardy (D) - 651-296-5510
*Sen Mary Kiffmeyer (R) - 651296-5655
*Sen Warren Limmter (R) - 651-296-2159

Step 2: Call the other 8 members (listed at the top of this thread) and tell them to select the deer audit.

No matter how this turns out, I want to be able to say I did all could. How bout you?

Update***

I called all four members of the eval subcommittee this morning. I left voicemails for Sen Hansen and Limmer. I spoke to Sen Kiffmeyer's aide and he wasn't able to committ to her position (although I'm fairly certain she's on board). I asked him to find out and call me back and he agreed he would. I also spoke to Bernardy's assistant and he was not aware of her position. I asked him to follow up with her on her position and call me back, and he declined. This may be one where we need to zero in.

I left a message for Sen Limmer with my name and phone number. I asked for a call back from anyone in his office to confirm his position, and I also let him know we were trying to get votes counted ahead of the final meeting so we could focus our efforts on fence sitters and naysayers.

I also asked if they have been getting a lot of phone calls. Mostly it's been email and a few phone calls. I also asked if there was another audit that was getting vocal support, and there was, but not to the extent of the deer audit.

Burn up those phones!