Menards Concrete Wire

Buffalohunter1

A good 3 year old buck
Took advantage of Menards volume pricing and their 11% sale to pay $70.01 for a roll of 150’ x 5’ Concrete Wire. In order to receive the volume pricing you need to purchase three or more rolls.B9EEC8E5-F59B-476E-ADCF-BCD3D1FE0710.pngB9EEC8E5-F59B-476E-ADCF-BCD3D1FE0710.pngB9EEC8E5-F59B-476E-ADCF-BCD3D1FE0710.png

Someone is making tree cages this year....

I wish we had Menard's here. Good price on those rolls.

Question,

my total is coming to roughly $78 a roll, what am I missing?

Edit: Figured it out, they have different pricing in different store locations. But they will honor the pricing difference if you can show they offered it at a different price.

What store location did you order out of Buffalo?

Last edited:
U need to buy a minimum of 3 rolls to get the volume pricing.

Thz Silver,

figured that part out, just need to figure out the store location he ordered out of so they can apply the difference in store.

Know it is only $25 dollars difference, but that $25 bucks can buy a couple rolls of cage wire an training wire.

Question,

my total is coming to roughly $78 a roll, what am I missing?

Edit: Figured it out, they have different pricing in different store locations. But they will honor the pricing difference if you can show they offered it at a different price.

What store location did you order out of Buffalo?
I went to the Plover store in Portage County Wisconsin.

Rochester MN store rings up for $70 a roll as well

thz fellas

Menards is the best!

How many cages do you guys get (on average) with 150 foot roll?

Menards is the best!

meh, I was not that impressed when I picked up 3 rolls of wire yesterday.

upon arrival they directed me to go around back to the pick up center after they called in that I was here to pick up the order. Went out back an no one was around. I went back in an found someone inside near the loading location, an they had no idea where it was located. So I went back out an spent 10 min looking till I found the wire, then another 10 min loading them heavy buggers by myself.

each was highly rusted over, even though I picked through the lot an took the best looking three.

on top of that they refused to honor both the 11 percent discount rebate, and the location price match, even though they said they would.
Because I did not pick up the items during the sale, which ended Saturday, even though I paid in full prior to the sale ending.

So yeah, after spending 260 bucks I thought they would at the very least of shown a bit of courtesy an help load the stuff,
oh well, got enough fence for my apple trees, planning on going a different route for everything else.

Edit: bwoods, I'm planning on cutting to 15ft lengths, so 10 per roll.

People can be crap. But the store is awesome.

Basic ladder stands for under$50. Double wide ladder stands for under $80. Box blinds for $350. Gambrels for $2.

I love that place.

Thanks for the heads up on the wire mesh!! Bought 5 rolls this morning. Has anyone tried to get 15 cages out of the 150 ft rolls? Would 38" diameter be wide enough?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up on the wire mesh!! Bought 5 rolls this morning. Has anyone tried to get 15 cages out of the 150 ft rolls? Would 38" diameter be wide enough?

I used narrower cages on some of the flowering crabs I planted about 25 plus years ago. These were smaller mesh and they work if you don’t want lower limbs.

I like to get in the cages to prune and prefer bigger cages and I like limbs lower than five feet. An old trick from some northern growers is to leave a lower limb on the SW side to shade the trunk from sunscauld.

Many of the crabs in my area do not grow into those tall trees. Probably related to soil, climate, and a heavy fruit load tipping the leader over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep in mind that the does and fawns can reach through the cage and do some pruning. At 38" diameter they are going to be able to take all the branches back pretty close to the trunk. One way I have found to prevent that is to buy a 2' wide roll of chicken wire and wrap the cement wire with the chicken wire in the zone from 2-4'.

Thanks for the advice. I do have them in 5 foot tree tubes as well so I figure that will keep them from doing lower damage. Am I wrong in thinking that? They only grew to about 40 inches the first season. I'm far enough north (central Nebraska) I don't think I will get the large growth years like some do further south. I was lazy and didn't buy the mesh earlier and my dad said he was there the other day and the deer had pulled quite a few out of the ground so it's time to get the cages on for the spring.

Personally I have not had good luck with tree tubes. The aluminum window screen on the bottom of the trunks (which has been talked about before on here) seems to work better.

Ditto above

Prefer cages and mats

Tubes are ovens (even vented) in east texas summer and become mouse motels in winter

bill

I got my cage materials. Also picked up two rolls of aluminum screen.

Attachments

• 20180222_154200.jpg
    20180222_154200.jpg
    502.5 KB · Views: 25