Masks vs viruses

Therein lies the problem. Common ground cannot be found when you have one side that looks around, sees what is going on does their own research and uses common sense to make decisions while the other side blindly follows government made up guidelines and their feelings all the while decrying anyone who dare question them as deniers, or stupid. The endless talking down to everyone who actually pays attention to what's going on around them IS the problem. In short, there is no finding common ground on these issues with people who just assume they are smarter than everyone else.

Regarding Covid, what the government did during the pandemic didn't scare me nearly as much as knowing half the population of the world stopped thinking for themselves and blindly accepted what the government told them to do. In a free society the government advises it's constituents how to stay safe, they also provide the data they are getting the information from so it can be scrutinized, and people individually decide what adjustments need to be made for themselves.

Kicking people out of churches isn't safe when you freely allow mass looting and rioting, it just looks hypocritical. Lockdowns aren't safe, in the end their science proved to be the biggest spread factor. Forcing people to get vaccinated isn't safe when it is a brand new untested delivery system like mRNA and the trials lasted less than 6 months so there is no way of knowing what the potential long term effects are. Not to mention those selling the vaccines historically have no integrity when it comes to putting their customers health in front of profits.

I had friends and even family that talked down to me about my Covid views, some disowned me which is fine if that is how shallow they truly are. From my perspective it was climate change all over again using fear as the primary tool and censoring those that had dissenting views no matter how credible they are. The Twitter files exposed much of it we wouldn't normally see so hopefully that opened a few eyes, but I doubt it.

Don’t forget we all want to be able to trust the news, experts and the government. Many good people and critical thinkers were lead down a path a lies and there is no shame in that as long as there was learning when looking back.

I don't disagree with that, the mainstream media outlets are now talking heads as opposed to the investigative journalists they used to be. The CIA with/since Project Mockingbird likely has something to do with it I would assume but who knows anymore. Maybe it's just selling clicks but if that were the case you would think the truth would sell more clicks. Either way, the media is doing a lot of harm and when alternatives pop up they are often pushed out of the loop or cancelled altogether like Newsmax was. Last Man Standing had great ratings to get cancelled so it seems more like it is an effort to silence dissenting views and propping up propaganda news.

Tough call unless you consider a conspiracy. Power and money seek more power and money and controlling the information is key to controlling all of it.

Just curious here ........... How many here will tell their doctors / surgeons to let the masks off - and may as well the gloves too - when they do your heart surgery, stent placement, cataract surgery, appendectomy, etc. ???

After all - the HUGE majority of medical professionals around the ENTIRE WORLD have used them to great success in preventing the spread of diseases for D-E-C-A-D-E-S. Buuuutttt - those medical degrees hanging on the doctors' office walls from U. Illinois, Cornell, Temple U., Baylor, Harvard, Yale, George Washington U., U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, Vanderbilt, etc. - don't mean anything. They're all FAKE ........ right??? Why even bother with extra precautions like masks or gloves. Let your immune system handle ALL microbial vermin.

And what do THEY know that a few folks like schmucker, nalex, blowbert, obliviera, etc. - know even better about??? Maybe have your surgeons chew some skoal or "copie" while operating on you ..... for the truly tough out there.

I wonder why some of the "tough crowd" even bother going to any doctor. Call one of the sets of flapping lips (who make their money by instigating "rage", doubts, and conspiracy theories for higher ratings) to get your "expert, we know better than any doctors" answers when they're sick, having chest pains, cold sweats, bleeding when they're on the hopper, chainsaw or machinery accident, or their kids are sick & injured. Just call butfeld to get help, or one of the other self-appointed "experts" vying for higher TV ratings.

I think the gloves are to protect the dr, not necessarily the patient. As for the masks, I think it is used to stop spit, and flem from getting into the open areas, not to stop a virus.

Just curious here ........... How many here will tell their doctors / surgeons to let the masks off - and may as well the gloves too - when they do your heart surgery, stent placement, cataract surgery, appendectomy, etc. ???

After all - the HUGE majority of medical professionals around the ENTIRE WORLD have used them to great success in preventing the spread of diseases for D-E-C-A-D-E-S. Buuuutttt - those medical degrees hanging on the doctors' office walls from U. Illinois, Cornell, Temple U., Baylor, Harvard, Yale, George Washington U., U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, Vanderbilt, etc. - don't mean anything. They're all FAKE ........ right??? Why even bother with extra precautions like masks or gloves. Let your immune system handle ALL microbial vermin.

And what do THEY know that a few folks like schmucker, nalex, blowbert, obliviera, etc. - know even better about??? Maybe have your surgeons chew some skoal or "copie" while operating on you ..... for the truly tough out there.

I wonder why some of the "tough crowd" even bother going to any doctor. Call one of the sets of flapping lips (who make their money by instigating "rage", doubts, and conspiracy theories for higher ratings) to get your "expert, we know better than any doctors" answers when they're sick, having chest pains, cold sweats, bleeding when they're on the hopper, chainsaw or machinery accident, or their kids are sick & injured. Just call butfeld to get help, or one of the other self-appointed "experts" vying for higher TV ratings.
Thats a fairly ignorant post. For one to compare forcing the public to wear a completely useless face covering and a dr wearing a mask in surgery are completely different situations. It's been long known that Drs don't wear a mask to protect anyone from viruses but to stop the inadvertent fluid loses from mouth and nose(snot and spit) while hunched over a usually cut wide open patient. Completely different situations and usage.
I dont think anyone claims to be toughr than anyone else, just maybe able to usr common sense better than some?

Here's a link. Not going to try and say I read the whole thing, as I definitely did not. Just the part about half way down that explains why drs wear masks and gloves.

Sounds pretty childish to try to turn one issue into another.

As relates to covid, very much a red-herring arguement.

There are some very specific germs the sugeons typically are attempting to prevent spreading relative to the most common post-op infections - staphylococcus, streptococcus, and pseudomonas for example. They're not masking while shaking in fear over every disease known to mankind. Lol.

But, then again, what do I know... I only manage a highly rated medical practice voted top in our city year after year, am married to a MD who consistently scores in the 99th percentile of her specialty boards, and know the three providers in our practice raced to demask as quickly as legally possible for general patient care once covid mutated to become far less of a threat AND almost every person in the US had gained levels of immunity from shots and / or having the actual disease MULTIPLE times.

So thankful I live in Florida where our sane governor used actual data to drive decisions and outside a couple of months in 2020 life has seemed almost completely normal for us the past 3 years... with outcomes no worse (in many cases better) than the areas acting infinitely more draconian.

P.S. - the majority of MD friends we interact with professionally and socially feel the exact same way about risks being inflated now and being appalled at scientific natural immunity well-touted throughout prior modern history being silenced in the name of pharmaceutical profits today.

I could write a ton about the undue influence pharmaceutical companies are having on medicine today, but will save my breath for the moment. It goes WELL beyond covid and the jabs... to the point our office visit coding is financially rewarded for visits requiring prescriptions whereas coding for preventative exams without prescriptions pays significantly less than prior to gov (pharm influenced) coding changes. Pardon the French, but a crying dayum shame that should anger most everyone... but that got near zero press coverage.

Last edited:
Don’t forget we all want to be able to trust the news, experts and the government. Many good people and critical thinkers were lead down a path a lies and there is no shame in that as long as there was learning when looking back.

Keep going up the org chart from the media, government, and big business. You’re not gonna like what you find when the people running these outfits get to talking about what to do about the population bomb.

The people on the tube all have tentacles that connect to some really bad people. Do some reading on Bill Gates’ dad, or Mika Bierzinski’s dad. See who they hung out with when they had their pedo junkets. I will never yearn to trust any of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think they make patients wear masks in surgery so what’s your point there? Reminds me of that movie Star Trek IV. When they bust in the operating room to save the patient and the surgeon is yelling, why aren’t you people masked. LOL. Good writers. Anyways, the best place to catch anything is a hospital. I don’t think it’s related to masking. The last part of your post really doesn’t make sense. People go to doctors because doctors fix things. Trying to tie that into TV rating somehow perplexes me. The jig is up and has been for some time. Some knew it earlier. The masks and the vaccine results relating to the Covid were just not as expected by some. It’s over now, be happy.

Doctors and nurses wear masks during surgeries to prevent infections, that is because studies showed that it makes surgeries safer, not to prevent virus's my friend. Hospitals before Covid had all the staff walking around without masks you agree right?

The size of the average virus particle is much smaller than the pores in even respirators (as the original studies I posted say) and comparable to throwing a handful of gravel through a chain link fence.

wow, a lot of anger/passive-aggressiveness going on here. And being verbose doesn't prove any points either. I really try to look for the good in all posts, but can't seem to find anything worthwhile in this one. Take a chill pill my man!

Attachments

• 3 (1).jpg
    3 (1).jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 4
wow, a lot of anger/passive-aggressiveness going on here.
No anger or aggressiveness here. If masks are to keep a patient from getting contaminated by the doctor (from the doctor's germs), how is it that a mask can't help protect other people from being contaminated by someone carrying Covid virus?? Protection / help doesn't only occur in one situation, right?? If a mask is an added protection - how is that a bad thing??

Another question ........ how many here think flu shots, tetanus shots, measles shots, polio vaccine, etc. are bogus, useless, and phony?? EVERY doctor around here says, "Get vaccinated" (Covid) & has gotten the shots themselves, and for their families. Neither my wife or I have heard of any doctors advising people to avoid the vaccine / boosters. What some other state does is for that state to sink or swim with.
If some here don't trust vaccines for anything ....... by all means skip them.

No anger, hate, or foaming at the mouth here. Perfectly calm & relaxed.

As the study I posted says, Drs wear masks to basically keep from dripping body fluid, not to stop the transmission of viruses.
As far as comparing the COVID jabs to the other fully tested and proven vaccinations and immunizations that's like comparing apples and derailed trains.
My Dr, my parents Dr and my sister's Dr all said stay away from the shot as long as possible. I have a lot of personal data from live nurses and Drs who told me that they would have never gotten it if not forced to do so. Only 1 nurse and 1 Dr I have seen in the past year (and there have been a lot of them) have said they got it because they wanted it.