Lithium camera batteries AA. Ouch!!

Now I just need to get it out.
7A099C46-DCB9-4F43-B4B4-125CA8A103BB.jpeg

A6247F1A-9843-4CE2-9A46-CD7F5C791100.jpeg

Stock up fellas:

$27 for 24 and can apply coupons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buyer beware - that cardboard box 24 pack looks the same as the ones from Amazon that are said to be counterfeit and have some duds or low capacity.

I’ve used hundreds of them with mostly acceptable results, some bad. They haven’t blown up and wrecked a battery tray in the cold like I’ve had alkalines do at least.

Nice paint jobs @williams111 did you use a sponge?

Buyer beware - that cardboard box 24 pack looks the same as the ones from Amazon that are said to be counterfeit and have some duds or low capacity.

I’ve used hundreds of them with mostly acceptable results, some bad. They haven’t blown up and wrecked a battery tray in the cold like I’ve had alkalines do at least.

I use 240+ of these 24 cardboard box batteries a year and never had a problem. Seller is owned by Office Depot. If they are counterfeit batteries, I can’t tell any difference from ones bought from sam’s club and walgreens.

That’s a good price, it says, “We're sorry but this item is not currently available for this location.”
Now it says $52 for 24.

Now it says $52 for 24.
I saw that, I checked back a few days after seeing they wouldn’t ship to my zip and then it said they were available I got 2 24 packs for $56.22 I should’ve bought more, but it almost seems too good to be true. I’d keep checking back every so often.

My last order for the year which will last into next Fall/Winter(time will tell if I should have waited) came from here: https://www.govets.com/energizer-312-154742.html
I waited until I got the shipment before posting as I wanted to make sure they were legit. Tracking email they sent gave no link to click on and it was some service I never heard of that was supposed to be delivering it...batteries themselves were drop-shipped from another company. No idea who delivered them..wasn't USPS or UPS or FedEx or DHL.
Make sure to sign up for the 5% extra off- I used a 7% off one but may be no good anymore.

I'm also using a # of solar panels. Nuclear is next.

Looked up my order and it said "Carrier: DDMX". Main hq's are in the UK.
When I went there to enter the tracking # it said not found. Still says that. But I received it in 3 days. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing AA lithium batteries not lasting long? I usually put new batteries in 2 times a year, and they are out 24/365. Late October to early November I usually put new batteries in, then again in the spring. Well this year I put all new batteries in the beginning of November, and 3 of 4 cameras are dead already. The 4th one won’t be to far behind.

With 12 batteries each, at $3 + per battery to last less then a month is ridiculous! Sure it could be a camera going bad, but all 4 ? I bought the batteries at Menards, so I assume they weren’t some fake knockoffs. Normally I get close to 6 months from all of them. Now for all 4 to get less then a month is suspicious.

I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing AA lithium batteries not lasting long? I usually put new batteries in 2 times a year, and they are out 24/365. Late October to early November I usually put new batteries in, then again in the spring. Well this year I put all new batteries in the beginning of November, and 3 of 4 cameras are dead already. The 4th one won’t be to far behind.

With 12 batteries each, at $3 + per battery to last less then a month is ridiculous! Sure it could be a camera going bad, but all 4 ? I bought the batteries at Menards, so I assume they weren’t some fake knockoffs. Normally I get close to 6 months from all of them. Now for all 4 to get less then a month is suspicious.
I usually get my lithium batteries from Menards as well, no problems so far. Are your cameras Browning by chance? I had to replace a few stolen cams this year and 2 of my new Dark Ops cams will run fine until I change the card. When I change the card it appears dead, but if I eject the battery tray and reinsert it it will show 90-100% again and run until the next card change. Just a thought.

The 3 that are dead are Covert Cell cams, the one that is still working is a Tactacam cell cam.

I could understand if it was just the Coverts, because maybe they pushed an update, and the new update kills batteries, but the Tactacam has always been light on batteries, and is on a trail, not on a food source. So maybe 5 pictures a day.

The 3 that are dead are Covert Cell cams, the one that is still working is a Tactacam cell cam.

I could understand if it was just the Coverts, because maybe they pushed an update, and the new update kills batteries, but the Tactacam has always been light on batteries, and is on a trail, not on a food source. So maybe 5 pictures a day.

Did the batteries come in a cardboard box or in the typical cardboard backer with plastic front?

Did the batteries come in a cardboard box or in the typical cardboard backer with plastic front?
They were in the plastic packages that you take off the stand at your typical store. my last order I bought from Amazon in April, and those came in cardboard packages, but they lasted until November.

Did you test the batteries after the cameras died? I wish I'd done that earlier this Fall. I had one new cam I put out for the first time go dead after a couple of weeks but since another of the same camera I had just checked was fine I figured maybe the dead one had a ton of videos including nighttime (white flash/led) on it. Ended up only having a dozen on the card, which I didn't see until I got home. So...I was worried maybe that cam was no good, but a month later the camera was still up and running with the new batteries.

I had those old batteries mixed with others from checking other cams so wouldn't be able to figure out which was which. I wonder if there was just one bad one in the bunch or what. Not sure how the batteries/cams work if that happens. But yeah..it is odd you had 4 cameras do that.

Otherwise I've never had a problem. I am slowly adding solar panels though...just because of the lithum's costs.

I will check them tomorrow. I pulled 2 of them last weekend.

I’m having issues with the lithiums dying quickly and so is a buddy of mine. I’ve had some go dead in as little as 2 weeks and he replaced some lithiums in a camera twice in 2 weeks. We’ve never had this issue before and it defeats the purpose of running cell cams if you gotta tromp around changing batteries so often. 1/2 of my cell cams are now on solar panels but still have 5 to go.

Tangent post of value-

Buy and use a battery tester on everything you buy (li, alkaline, etc)….. you’ll be shocked (some pun intended).

I’m having issues with the lithiums dying quickly and so is a buddy of mine. I’ve had some go dead in as little as 2 weeks and he replaced some lithiums in a camera twice in 2 weeks. We’ve never had this issue before and it defeats the purpose of running cell cams if you gotta tromp around changing batteries so often. 1/2 of my cell cams are now on solar panels but still have 5 to go.

Same with me. Normally I change them at 6 months, even though most cameras are still working. But to get 4 cameras all less then a month, and with the cost of lithiums now days sucks. Normally my cameras are out tear around. I canceled all the contracts and will grab the rest out of the woods this weekend. $150 worth of batteries toast in about 3 weeks of time, with probably less then 100 pictures on any of them.