Lithium camera batteries AA. Ouch!!

Tangent post of value-

Buy and use a battery tester on everything you buy (li, alkaline, etc)….. you’ll be shocked (some pun intended).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did get in a habit of this, but I didn’t test them this time.

Same with me. Normally I change them at 6 months, even though most cameras are still working. But to get 4 cameras all less then a month, and with the cost of lithiums now days sucks. Normally my cameras are out tear around. I canceled all the contracts and will grab the rest out of the woods this weekend. $150 worth of batteries toast in about 3 weeks of time, with probably less then 100 pictures on any of them.

That's crazy. Most of my cams are set for videos and I get 4+months and hundreds and sometimes over a thousand 20-30 sec videos with each set of batteries. Some of my cams are white flash, some are not..some hold 6 batteries(Spartan Lumen) others 12. Many times the cams are still running but like you I change the batteries anyway.

I only get the 24 boxed packs(Energizer) but I would think they'd all be ok. Haven't gotten any from Amazon in over a year now because they've been out of stock.

Any deals on AA lithiums? Wally and Amazon remain in that $23 range. I've been recycling the old ones I've removed once they read under 100% back into the cams, and they've been working well. Won't work once the temps drop, I figure.

I plugged my nose and spent $300 on them at $3 each from target last week. I’m ramping up the external battery pack and solar panel inventory and sticking rayovac alkalines in the cheap non cell cams that I’m not worried about getting wrecked with leaking bats. Can’t be spending this much on batteries every year.

You meant you plugged your nose because you shopped at target right? jk

Yeah I just buy a package every third time at wally just as to not let all that blood at once come fall.

Any deals on AA lithiums? Wally and Amazon remain in that $23 range. I've been recycling the old ones I've removed once they read under 100% back into the cams, and they've been working well. Won't work once the temps drop, I figure.

Is that for 8? If you mean Energizer the best I've seen lately is from Sam's Club if you have a membership or know someone who does. 18 for $34.98.
Other brands of lithium's on Amazon etc too of course. In my experience they don't last as long but good enough for my pictures only cams. I was just looking at the RUIHU brand, ones I hadn't seen before- 48 for $72.99.

Have just recently been picking up Duracells and Rayovacs for .50 per battery and lithiums for $2 on ebay.

If you are active military or a veteran you can shop at www.shopmyexchange and get them at a decent price - $19.95 per 8 Energizer Lithiums, with no tax and free shipping. You have to open an account, of course, with proof of your military service.

Sounds like Sam's Club is a better deal though. $1.94 + tax/battery at Sams Club vs $2.49 per battery at the exchange

Energizer Lithium AA Batteries 8 pk.

Last edited:
Sam’s club is the only place I’ve consistently seen them under $2. Currently $1.94/each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like Sam’s club is the spot. I don’t think I know anyone who’s a member anymore.

And now i have bjs dot com in my browser history..

Could have paid for a membership and still saved $ over what I paid at target.

I am a little weary of knockoffs or used ones or whatever the hell some of those duds being sold on amazon were.

I just bought these. I wrote down when I put them in. I put them in a camera that is pretty bad on battery life. I wanted to see what the difference is. I'll put a review of them up if I remember.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08SVZT3RH?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Thanks. I ordered a set to try also.

those ebl batteries were on this review
Looks like we should all be using alkaline according to that. I bought cheap alkalines off of amazon. They are junk. I think they lasted about a month in my high MP cameras. They're not bad in my old cuddebacks. I just bought some Procell's too. Looks like those or the Rayovacs look like the best price.

Looks like we should all be using alkaline according to that. I bought cheap alkalines off of amazon. They are junk. I think they lasted about a month in my high MP cameras. They're not bad in my old cuddebacks. I just bought some Procell's too. Looks like those or the Rayovacs look like the best price.

Yeah on a cost per picture standpoint but that has never been why I use lithiums. Alkalines last a long time in decent non-cell cams until it's really cold.

Justification for Lithiums:
#1 - cam function when its cold as eff in MN, no voltage drop like with alkalines
#2 - having cams running rather than being dead and not needing to add a bunch of human intrusion to replace batteries. This is especially the case with power hungry cell cams.
#3 - not having batteries blow up and make a mess in your cameras

RE: high MP cams, have you compared the picture quality of lower vs highest MP settings? Most of the cams out there have sensors that are not able to resolve higher than about 4MP IIRC and any additional pixels are interpolated (added) rather than actually sensed by the camera. It sucks up additional storage space and energy use that may not be beneficial.

I've been running mine on 8mp usually. Do you think it's better to set them at 4?