Lean-to coming soon

tooln

5 year old buck +
I took advantage of Menards 11% sale and picked up materials to put lean-to on the storage container/shed.

It's going on this side. Just wanted to have a roof over the tiller, cutter. drop spreader & other misc. items.

Nice Tooln, Looking forward to seeing your progress. I am thinking of adding one to my shed as well. You can't have enough storage space.

If you do not sink the posts in the ground, do you escape property taxes and building permits?

If you do not sink the posts in the ground, do you escape property taxes and building permits?
Because the unit is not considered permanent, not permit, no tax increase, no nothing.

Been 2 days man. Where's the updates? :p

Been 2 days man. Where's the updates? :p
Give me time man. Just haven't gotten to it yet. I'm on vacation this week and it on the list but near the bottom. I've got dirt & rock to move, fence's to fix, apple orchard to get ready, trails to work on just to name a few. Also have a graduation & have to take the Mrs. shopping one day, first it was Appleton, now it's Lacrosse. She doesn't share my Philosophy that if you can't get it a Fleet you don't need it. Raining here today perfect shopping day but we both worked last night and I just got up. After last nights fiasco at work I'm not up for a lot of much of anything today. The vacation is long over due. This years been a ball buster. I've had 3 weekends where I was off both days. Otherwise it's been 6-7 days a week.

I'm having difficulty holding 2L bottles today. Lots of chit to do myself, but my nerve function is shot from the last 2 weeks of road construction. I know what you mean. ;)

Give me time man. Just haven't gotten to it yet. I'm on vacation this week and it on the list but near the bottom. I've got dirt & rock to move, fence's to fix, apple orchard to get ready, trails to work on just to name a few. Also have a graduation & have to take the Mrs. shopping one day, first it was Appleton, now it's Lacrosse. She doesn't share my Philosophy that if you can't get it a Fleet you don't need it. Raining here today perfect shopping day but we both worked last night and I just got up. After last nights fiasco at work I'm not up for a lot of much of anything today. The vacation is long over due. This years been a ball buster. I've had 3 weekends where I was off both days. Otherwise it's been 6-7 days a week.
Appleton has got WWWAAAYYYYYY better shopping than LaCrosse, why would she choose to come over here? Hell, Eau Claire has way better shopping than LaCrosse.
If it wasn't a "momma day" I'd ask if you wanted to meet up for a cold one, one thing about LaCrosse, there isn't any place I know of that has anything over on our vast multitude of fine drinking establishments!

Appleton has got WWWAAAYYYYYY better shopping than LaCrosse, why would she choose to come over here? Hell, Eau Claire has way better shopping than LaCrosse.
If it wasn't a "momma day" I'd ask if you wanted to meet up for a cold one, one thing about LaCrosse, there isn't any place I know of that has anything over on our vast multitude of fine drinking establishments!
Originally it was Appleton then she found some store in Lacrosse that has some makeup she wants so we changed directions. I'll drop her at the mall then find myself the Harley shop or Gander and pass some time. Pick her up 4 or 5 hours later and all's good. Find a place to eat supper then head for home. Not sure which day were going as she hasn't made up her mind yet.

Here's the best I can do for an update. Hauled in some stone and started to set the grade for the lean-to today (between showers). Took a tree down by the road that was getting ready to fall over. Now it's almost time to crack this bottle of single barrel Jack.

Gander and HD are literally blocks apart under the overpass on I-90. If you bring your pistol, our Gander has an indoor shooting range that I think is like $25 bucks for an hour. Depending on what your looking for in the dining department, I could recommend a few places, let me know if your interested.

I use to travel to LaCrosse a couple times a year for my wife's family. Her great aunt lived down by the Train plant and we use to travel to see her a few times a year.

We use to go to Schmities (Spelling ?) for fish. She loved to go there and be seen with family. Great area and yep lots of beer establishments.

Gander and HD are literally blocks apart under the overpass on I-90. If you bring your pistol, our Gander has an indoor shooting range that I think is like $25 bucks for an hour. Depending on what your looking for in the dining department, I could recommend a few places, let me know if your interested.
Thanks but the little woman has her heart set on Ole Country Buffet. It's the fat free ice-cream she'll have 2 or 3 bowls. Myself I'd love a good burger bar. But it's her day. Got to keep Momma happy.

I use to travel to LaCrosse a couple times a year for my wife's family. Her great aunt lived down by the Train plant and we use to travel to see her a few times a year.

We use to go to Schmities (Spelling ?) for fish. She loved to go there and be seen with family. Great area and yep lots of beer establishments.
Schmidty's is only about 15 blocks from my house, I don't care for their burgers so much but the fish is good and they have great specials.

Thanks but the little woman has her heart set on Ole Country Buffet. It's the fat free ice-cream she'll have 2 or 3 bowls. Myself I'd love a good burger bar. But it's her day. Got to keep Momma happy.
That's really too bad tooln, if you wanted an awesome bar burger, I know of about half a dozen places right off the top of my head that are amazing. Fayze's right downtown town has an unbelievable burger menu and tons of different beers. Buzzard Billy's is also a great place to eat, they have a really awesome menu of stuff you don't get everyday. The Gator Fingers(deep fried alligator tail strips) are really good and the Armadillo Eggs(bacon wrapped chicken tenders stuffed with jalapenos and pepperjack cheese) are to die for, as are the Cajan Popcorn(deep fried crawfish tails) and bacon wrapped Andouille sausage, and that's just the appetizer menu!

If you did decide to come downtown, the handmade ice cream at The Pearl Ice Cream Parlor is excellent, and it's right around the corner from both Fayze's and Buzzard Billy's. I can't speak to it being fat-free though, pretty sure it's not that!

Here an update on my lean-to. Getting the end ready.

Lift it in place.

Glued down some on the shed roof for attaching.

Slow going but getting there.

About all I could take for one day.

Should finish up tomorrow. Some of the treated 14' 2x8's were really heavy.

Here an update on my lean-to. Getting the end ready.

Lift it in place.

Glued down some on the shed roof for attaching.

Slow going but getting there.

About all I could take for one day.

Should finish up tomorrow. Some of the treated 14' 2x8's were really heavy.
Did you sink those posts in the ground? How did you attach to the shed, glue?

That should add some nice space.

The post are just setting on the ground, plan is to let it float with the unit. 2x6 laying down on the roof is glued. I did put in a few self tapping screws from the inside to hold till the glue dried. I can tell you that I'm already feeling muscles I haven't used in a while. I can also say this is going a lot slower than expected. Projects like this just take longer since I had my knee replaced.

Looks good!

The ladder work involved in that would kill me too and I'm on the original knee joints.

The rafters you used, why so heavy? I have been known to overbuild but that is built very heavy duty. You won't have to worry about snow load.