Lean-to coming soon

The rafters you used, why so heavy? I have been known to overbuild but that is built very heavy duty. You won't have to worry about snow load.
There are 2x8's 14' long. I'd rather go heavy and not have to repair it. Not like putting in a few extra is going to break me.

Time to take a few ibuprofen and head out to finish it. Being a night owl this day time stuff is hard to get use to.

I'm going back and forth on the storage container vs building thing. I like the idea of the storage container's instant building and security, but not sure I would like the look of it setting next to my house. If you could do it again would you still use the container and lean-to, or would you opt to build this time?

Next to house? I'd build a shed.

The containers are great for instant mouse-proof storage. If you're building yourself, you can make a wooden structure for roughly the same price.

If you don't need it sealed up and theft deterrent, I'd go with a stick building from the get go. Mine will end up being a rifle range shack as soon as I get my first out-building done.

Mine is the only thing besides blinds or stands on the property. I did it for cost/security reasons Next to a house definite build.

Finished up today

Got all the eq. under a roof now, there will even be room for my Roth disk which is currently under the shadow hunter.
Mommas day tomorrow shopping in LaCrosse.

Last edited:
Nice work tooln and good luck tomorrow.;) We do have a Farm and Fleet as well as a Gander Mountain. MC Sports across from the mall has a hunting/sporting gear area as well.

Looks great! I've been leaning towards building my shop instead of the container, but man the container looks quick and easy.

Looks good!

Nice work tooln and good luck tomorrow.;) We do have a Farm and Fleet as well as a Gander Mountain. MC Sports across from the mall has a hunting/sporting gear area as well.
You forgot about the new Dicks Sporting Goods

Do they even have any hunting stuff? I poked my head in there the first week they were open and it looked like mostly equipment for "ball" sports and athletic shoes and clothing. I didn't really get a good look around because it was a madhouse and I didn't want to deal with the crowd of idiots.

Dick's depends on location on what they carry, I'll find out today.

There are no firearms sales at the La Crosse store, at least that is what I was told by a coworker.

tooln, how long of a drive is it for you to get over here?

Just over 100 miles, leaving within the hour.

There's not much to forget. They don't sell handguns or handgun ammo, they also pulled their black rifles the day after Sandy Hook. Nothing to go in there for.

There's not much to forget. They don't sell handguns or handgun ammo, they also pulled their black rifles the day after Sandy Hook. Nothing to go in there for.
I haven't even been into a Dicks Sporting Goods store since Sandy Hook. They did some things locally with black rifle orders that I didn't agree with and it hasn't been too hard to take my business other places.

Well Dicks was a waste of time. Sitting waiting for the little lady. Shopping sucks. First store we went to she said I needed new pants and shirt for graduation. I pulled 1 each from the rack tired them on and they fit good. 30 minute's later after trying on the one's she picked guess which one I got. The ones I had.