land ownership

My property was left to my wife and her brother. BIL was running a start-up company and having money issues so when the estate closed we bought out his half with her portion of the cash in the estate. Probably the best business decision we ever made. People tend to spend cash - it's tought to spend dirt! Let's just say it turned out much better than the start-up!

My property was left to my wife and her brother. BIL was running a start-up company and having money issues so when the estate closed we bought out his half with her portion of the cash in the estate. Probably the best business decision we ever made. People tend to spend cash - it's tought to spend dirt! Let's just say it turned out much better than the start-up!

Best decision WE ever made?

I think it was the best decision YOU ever made! You married a gal who inherited 1/2 a piece of land.......and then she inherits enough money to buy the other half?.........Your a God!!!Congrats!

Don't let my wife here this, but yep I did pretty good. We celebrated 18 years on the 5th, been together 21. 4 kids (18, 16, 13 & 11) nice roof over our heads on 150ish acres. I like to "think" it was a mutual decision.....her father's estate, her property.......her cash...... yep, WE made the right choice!

Nice! I hope it bring you a lot of joy and memories.