John Deere 4600 FWA With Loader!

3900 hours!! ?? Rental yard piece? Good price.....but lotsa hours.

TANSTAAFL : Their Aint No Such Thing As A Free Lunch ;)

3900 is less than half way to overhaul.

3900 hours!! ?? Rental yard piece? Good price.....but lotsa hours.

TANSTAAFL : Their Aint No Such Thing As A Free Lunch ;)

I don't have to many Tractors on this farm with under 8,000 hrs. That one is less than half of that and what did it do its whole life at 40hp? A 6' finger cultivator? Big Deal!

For that price I would buy it. They would probably deal on it so maybe $8k.

For that price I would buy it. They would probably deal on it so maybe $8k.

I think it is northern contractors in Rogers that has it. I am sure it is maintain fairly well. Was maybe just used for landscape grading before seeding back over pipeline jobs. It sure beats the $14K they are asking on Tractor House!

I have almost that exact same tractor. Went for just under $24K new with tax in 1999 for the power reverser gear model. Course mine has less than half those hours now. They did a lot of bucket work with that or hauled some stuff they power washed alot. There is not much paint left. Good test would be to raise the loader up and shut off and see what it does an hour or two later. Might be time for some seals

Also, noticed they have replace the three point upper link, not the factory version anymore. But I broke mine too after buzzing down the road and slamming my cutter on the ground after a nasty new dip one spring.

I would be more worried about other parts of a tractor than a 3rd link or a leaky seal. But that's just me.

It has been used on a construction site, and it ain't $24K or $14K, its only $8K with less than 4,000 hrs. Sounds like a decent price for what it is. But who knows could be junk. None of us will ever know!

Oh I think $8K should give a person a pause to think about, sounds like might be a deal. But thinking your gonna get 8000 hours on those little Yanmar diesels is mabe stretching it. I love that engine but not the same as the old cast iron blocks in real utility tractors. It runs higher 2800 RPM to get the full PTO speed also.

The three point link might just have been lost and needed to be replaced. Or something got whacked hard and you better look at the castings and frame back there.....An inspection would let you know but pictures ain't gonna telll the story.

Last edited:
Oh I think $8K should give a person a pause to think about, sounds like might be a deal. But thinking your gonna get 8000 hours on those little Yanmar diesels is mabe stretching it. I love that engine but not the same as the old cast iron blocks in real utility tractors. It runs higher RPM to get the full PTO speed of 2800 also.

The three point link might just have been lost and needed to be replaced. Or something got whacked hard and you better look at the castings and frame back there.....An inspection would let you know but pictures ain't gonna telll the story.

Exactly, may already have a new motor, tranny, rearend.....who knows. But what I can tell you is this, if I were looking to buy one, I would go look now, because price wise, it won't be around long, 4,000 hrs or not!

Yep, good little tractor. You offer me $14K for mine right now, I'd pass

Don't get me wrong.....that model is a great one.....and the price seems right. Just saying.....that is allot of hours for a compact tractor. Todays compact tractors are not as tough as the utility tractors of time gone by......so they don't take abuse as well. Doesn't mean it's not good.....just gotta look it over carefully. Hard to go very far backwards if it checks out well.

yep, the depreciation is all gone at $8k. It will still be worth $8K 10 years from now.

Sold!

^ That looks like a great buy !!

There's been a lot of nice tractors for sale especially some posted on here. Is anybody on here still looking for one? I know the tractor guys on here like to spend other people's money but it would be nice to know if someone is specifically looking for one.

I'm in no hurry but at some point I have thought about having a tractor primarily for mowing prairie grass. It would not need a loader but I would be interested in opinions on how to spec a tractor just for mowing. I think my current 3520 will work fine but a second tractor (if it was inexpensive) could allow my wife to help with mowing.

The tractor would be running a brush mower or a flail mower and it would be helpful if I could get a wider mower say 8'-9'.

You'd be better of with a sickle or hay bine type of set up. Much easier on the tractor and much faster