New Holland Workmaster 65

Brian662

5 year old buck +
Anyone have experience?

Was kicking the tires on a gently used one which got me to pricing out a new one. I'm getting close to closing a deal on the new one.

I know they are made in Turkey (not a fan) same as the Case equivalent, but they seem well built and I think I can get used to the shuttle shift fairly easy. Excited to get into a cab tractor and the price we are settling on appears to be about $13k less than a similar hp Deere.

Anything I should be concerned with?

Sorry to say, but my neighbor has one, and said it was a mistake. Lots of little issues--things breaking that should not. On more than one occasion the tractor has failed to start and required taking it to the dealer, which is fortunately only 10 miles (New Holland and Mahinda are both close to our home). He is an "anything but Green" guy and wishes he would have gotten a Kubota. Here are some user reviews for your "peer group."

New Holland Workmaster 65 Review
John Deere 5065E Review (another neighbor has the 5055E and loves it)
Kubota M7060

I would be concerned with reliability, given the 1 out of 5 user rating.

The price on those NH/Case options was tempting when I was looking at tractors because it’s a lot more tractor than I was otherwise looking at. Research indicated some folks unhappy with reliability and I decided I didn’t have the knowledge or time to deal with reliability issues. No idea on what’s gossip vs reality.

@Buckhunter10 has a new case in that class that he seemed happy with?

The price on those NH/Case options was tempting when I was looking at tractors because it’s a lot more tractor than I was otherwise looking at. Research indicated some folks unhappy with reliability and I decided I didn’t have the knowledge or time to deal with reliability issues. No idea on what’s gossip vs reality.

Yes I have a case 75a - the lifting capacity on both front and rear beat out the competition. The price is very competitive -
I got mine before the world went crazy! The tractor even came with internal rear wheel weights. We have some very rugged ground and running that on a 20-25 degree slope with a 2K lb drill behind is like butter.

One thing you give up is cab size. It doesn’t bother me at all. The tractor has been great so far.

IMG_1567.jpeg
Overall been a great unit. You can see some of our terrain is rugged.

I know we had a couple case tractors in that class on one of my projects recently come to think of it. I’ll ask my civil superintendent and mechanic about their experiences after the holiday.

The concerns I've seen with them have mainly been on 10+ year old models, although concerning, they may have straightened some things out.

I have two green tractors right now and they have also had some components fail/hydraulic leaks but I think that is just par for the course with anything.

I will share - I have a Kubota dealer who I am friends with (we’ve done a lot of business over the years). He’s a couple miles from me and confirmed he’ll do any and all service I need (outside of warranty claims) on my Case 75. The same Kubota was 25k more and less HP, lifiting, etc. I just couldn’t make myself further consider the Kubota. All other orange machines I’ve had, and a utv have been fantastic!!

Remembered one place where I saw feedback on the case model. https://deerhabitat.freeforums.net/thread/3856/new-tractor
He sold it and got a kubota mx which is quite a bit smaller/lighter/less capable with lift ratings and such. If you’re on that forum maybe he could give some more insight.
View attachment 54123
Not to hijacker, never heard of that site. Worth a damn or a bunch of tough guys and name calling? That why I like this site. Don’t want to deal with that stuff.

Not to hijacker, never heard of that site. Worth a damn or a bunch of tough guys and name calling? That why I like this site. Don’t want to deal with that stuff.
Same here, saw a few of the same people it looked like as are on this site from just reading that one post.

I’m new over there. Lotta the same friendly faces and a few that I think used to post here. Not as much traffic or posters as here. What I like about it so far is there is a heavy MN/WI lean and a few active/knowledgeable guys that are local to where I play with plants and trees.

I’m new over there. Lotta the same friendly faces and a few that I think used to post here. Not as much traffic or posters as here. What I like about it so far is there is a heavy MN/WI lean and a few active/knowledgeable guys that are local to where I play with plants and trees.
Brad and I took allot of chit for buying tractors a few years ago....before the prices went crazy. Gotta say.....were happy with our tractors.....and they have not gotten any cheaper. Huge grin. ;).

That site is incredibly tough to navigate/use and post pics. I only use my mobile device for forums...painful, honestly. They need to get with the times.

That site is incredibly tough to navigate/use and post pics. I only use my mobile device for forums...painful, honestly. They need to get with the times.
Tapatalk on mobile is a breeze

After some thought and more digging, it appears I could get into a comparable Kubota MX6000 for a few more dollars than the Workmaster 65. The added bonus of going with the Kubota would be the cab height is about 8" shorter which would allow me to continue to store my implements in the same place without increasing overhead height to the doors ($$). Might more than make up for the additional cost.

The Kubota doesn't have the lifting capacity of the Workmaster but I dont have plans for anything huge anyways. My JD already lifts my 4 row corn planter and the Kubota has 100 lb higher 3 pt rating.

The Kubota doesn't come standard with a radio in the cab, is that a necessity for guys who have cab station tractors?

After some thought and more digging, it appears I could get into a comparable Kubota MX6000 for a few more dollars than the Workmaster 65. The added bonus of going with the Kubota would be the cab height is about 8" shorter which would allow me to continue to store my implements in the same place without increasing overhead height to the doors ($$). Might more than make up for the additional cost.

The Kubota doesn't have the lifting capacity of the Workmaster but I dont have plans for anything huge anyways. My JD already lifts my 4 row corn planter and the Kubota has 100 lb higher 3 pt rating.

The Kubota doesn't come standard with a radio in the cab, is that a necessity for guys who have cab station tractors?
I’d get the radio!! I love mine! From podcasts to Tracy Lawerence - I got that thing blasting.