New Holland Workmaster 65

I'm sure you're aware but the MX is quite a bit smaller than the New Holland/Case tractors we've been talking about. 4268# vs 6800# tractor weight, 2310# vs 3500-4000# 3 pt lift capacity. Im pretty sure those NH/Case come with rear remotes and I think Kubota charges extra (was nearly $2k to add 2 rear remotes to my new kubota L3560 order last year).

I'm sure you're aware but the MX is quite a bit smaller than the New Holland/Case tractors we've been talking about. 4268# vs 6800# tractor weight, 2310# vs 3500-4000# 3 pt lift capacity. Im pretty sure those NH/Case come with rear remotes and I think Kubota charges extra (was nearly $2k to add 2 rear remotes to my new kubota L3560 order last year).
When I built the tractor on Kubota website I put all the features the same as the Workmaster 65 and it came out to about $4,500 more for the Kubota. Yes the smaller frame is a valid concern but I don't have much use for the weight/size of the Workmaster vs MX in regards to pushing the limits.
I'm going to test drive a MX6000 tomorrow to see what I think, maybe they'll have a little wiggle room on price too, but I'm not holding my breathe.

When I built the tractor on Kubota website I put all the features the same as the Workmaster 65 and it came out to about $4,500 more for the Kubota. Yes the smaller frame is a valid concern but I don't have much use for the weight/size of the Workmaster vs MX in regards to pushing the limits.
I'm going to test drive a MX6000 tomorrow to see what I think, maybe they'll have a little wiggle room on price too, but I'm not holding my breathe.

I have had the MX5800 for 6 years now and have been very happy.

Update - I have a new Kubota MX6000 fully loaded getting delivered in a week or two. Only missing the air ride seat due to back order...everything else should be ready to roll. Equipped with grapple, bucket, and box blade. The rest of the equipment I'm going to swap over from my current lineup.
Pics to follow...stay tuned.

FYI, for anyone looking. I dealt with several dealers in this process and the first two were priced almost identical and unwilling to move on price. Called a third one and got the unit I wanted (with additional features, totalling an extra $1,200) for about $4,000 less than the first two offered. So basically I got the grapple for free compared to the first two offers. It pays to keep shopping sometimes. 😎

Update - I have a new Kubota MX6000 fully loaded getting delivered in a week or two. Only missing the air ride seat due to back order...everything else should be ready to roll. Equipped with grapple, bucket, and box blade. The rest of the equipment I'm going to swap over from my current lineup.

FYI, for anyone looking. I dealt with several dealers in this process and the first two were priced almost identical and unwilling to move on price. Called a third one and got the unit I wanted (with additional features, totalling an extra $1,200) for about $4,000 less than the first two offered. So basically I got the grapple for free compared to the first two offers. It pays to keep shopping sometimes. 😎

Nice! Who did you end up buying from? Does seem to be more tractors on lots this year than last so pricing might be a little looser going forward?

Nice! Who did you end up buying from? Does seem to be more tractors on lots this year than last so pricing might be a little looser going forward?
I bought from Quality Equipment in Faribault.

I thought the same thing but the first two dealers (also pretty local to me) refused to move or offer extra on a potential trade in to bridge the gap. Their prices were within $100 of each other and I thought maybe Kubota corporate was keeping tight reigns on the dealerships, but I guess not.

congrats!!

I had a similar situation when I bought my smaller BX Kubota. The one dealer was WAY higher, I called the dealer I had worked with in the past and I got the same tractor for less money. I was shocked that they could be that far off. That dealer is now my go-to, and I have become friends with the owner.

Congratulation of the new Kubota. Sounds like you are getting it equipped nicely.

A hydraulic leak on the rear remote delayed delivery a day, but happy it made it here. Going to put it to the test this afternoon to see how it performs. Perfect day for a cab- hot, humid, and tiller dust won't be a problem. Have some rain coming on Sunday, time to get some brassicas in the ground.20230804_134638.jpg

^ I think your going to like that cab tractor. Nice grapple too. When you find the time.......you need to get some extra grid installed on your grill guard. Over time it will save your radiator screen......or worse. (ask me how I know).

Hey guys I did a video on some of the tractor tips for safety on hilly ground. I hope it helps someone!