JBird is famous!

Reagan

5 year old buck +
I know you former QDMA members don't receive Quality Whitetails any more but I still do. I just received the latest issue today. Our very own JBird has a nice article describing his progress as a hunter and land manager.

Good job J. Do you sign autographs? :D

What article? I will read before I burn the magazine.

December - January issue.

Page 20.

Congrats J-Bird. I will look for that mag to come (still have my paid dues there).

One thing tho.....is that QDMA is as naked as a J-Bird up here in Peqout Lakes, MN. QDMA claims they have a branch here.....and have claimed so for over 5 years. To the best of my knowledge, they never have had an active branch here.....despite them having a dot on their map saying so. Please tell them to take down that stupid dot on their map showing that they are active here. They are not.....and I resent that QDMA infers that they have any say in managing the deer herd in this part of MN. When the chips are down.....QDMA is absent. Pitiful.

When / if you say that on the QDMA website.....they will ban you for life.....and say they have no reason to ban you....just that they did. Ridiculous organization. I have also banned QDMA from MY life....at least I have a reason.

I hate to rain on your parade J-Bird....and I'm sure you've done good things. However, some things just need to be re-stated.

There.......I feel better now. :)

Congrats J-Bird. I will look for that mag to come (still have my paid dues there).

One thing tho.....is that QDMA is as naked as a J-Bird up here in Peqout Lakes, MN. QDMA claims they have a branch here.....and have claimed so for over 5 years. To the best of my knowledge, they never have had an active branch here.....despite them having a dot on their map saying so. Please tell them to take down that stupid dot on their map showing that they are active here. They are not.....and I resent that QDMA infers that they have any say in managing the deer herd in this part of MN. When the chips are down.....QDMA is absent. Pitiful.

When / if you say that on the QDMA website.....they will ban you for life.....and say they have no reason to ban you....just that they did. Ridiculous organization. I have also banned QDMA from MY life....at least I have a reason.

I hate to rain on your parade J-Bird....and I'm sure you've done good things. However, some things just need to be re-stated.

I don't blame any of you MN guys for your opinions on the QDMA. I think they handled the forum and the situation in your state very poorly. I have used their insurance deal for my lease in the past and it included a membership. I do read Quality Whitetails cover to cover each issue. I have learned a ton from that magazine and the dark side forum in the old days. Aging deer and habitat management were concepts that were foreign to me before I found that forum.

I will say the old forum is not what it used to be. I haven't posted there in months and I find myself checking in here every day. This is my internet deer-forum home now days. QW has been effective for me when I gave copies to friends, customers, neighbors and it even helped bring my dad along. The magazine is good for spreading the word about deer management in my part of the world.

I didn't intend to bring up a controversial subject. I'll save that for CWD threads. ;) I just wanted to give a shout out to Jbird. I've always wanted to write articles and may someday soon submit one to Bugle, the RMEF magazine.

December - January issue.

Page 20.

Good Story, too bad I had to page through the QDMA propaganda to get to it, and past a page about that arrogant Prick Don Higgins losing his trees! To bad for him!:D:D:D

Don is an amazing hunter, just ask him.

I appreciate the kind words - lets not turn this into QDMA bashing or so-and-so is a prick. I simply took the opportunity Lindsay presented me with and saw it as a chance to reach a wider audience and show that an average Joe can do it and make a respectable & realistic improvement. Lots of folks out there with more property, more success, more experience - I saw it as a chance to share and I am proud of what I have accomplished on my place. I am no expert or guru - I still have lots to learn, lots to try and always more projects to get to. You guys see my dumb questions, begging for help and even short sighted opinions on here all the time - last thing you will see from me is some chest pounding and posturing over this article. Not trying to self promote here - but if anyone is interested I have the pdf file I can send - I will not post here as that is way to much like chest pounding for my liking.

j-bird- I would like to read the file. I will be busy with rifle season for the next week or so.

Congrats on the article. I have lost interest in the organization over the last few years.

Sandbur - I sent you a message - if you can send me an e-mail address I'll send you the pdf file. I couldn't find a way to attach it to the PM I sent you maybe I'm just not tech savy enough?

Just be cool guys. Some of us here are on both sites. I know a few of you are upset with the organization, but for me it's about how it's impacting the kids in the industry. I am not a fan of how they have handled a lot of things, but bashing someone to bash them will get us or anyone no where. Embrace the change over here and build upon your strengths, if your competition is crumbling why keep reminding them?

Congrats J-Bird! I would love to read the article...send me a PM and i'll get ya my email address! I never renewed my membership due to several issues i have with national. I always did enjoy the mag tho.

Foggy...you crack me up! i love it! Can you go back to having a synopsis of this rant as your signature again...always cracked me up so much every time i read it!

Congrats J-Bird! I would love to read the article...send me a PM and i'll get ya my email address! I never renewed my membership due to several issues i have with national. I always did enjoy the mag tho.

Foggy...you crack me up! i love it! Can you go back to having a synopsis of this rant as your signature again...always cracked me up so much every time i read it!

Well, I had that message up for a few months. I decided that it sounds like sour grapes.....and at some point a guy needs to let go and move on with better things. But QDMA does not learn anything from their mistakes. Its kinda like the current federal administration......they live in denial of the facts.

Kinda like this thing with J-Bird. No doubt he is a good guy and has done good things with his land....Kudos J-Bird. But when QDMA gets brought up....I have this thing in me that makes me point to this very obvious shortcoming of theirs. I WILL quit posting my response about no organization in Peqout Lakes MN when QDMA takes the organizational "dot" from their map and eliminates the contact information....which does not exist. Hell, I tried for THREE YEARS to join a club that did not exist!! The guy they have at that address does not live there anymore.....and its disingenuous for QDMA to say they have clubs that they do not. How many other clubs are inactive yet show up on the QDMA site?? So Lindsay ban's me and claims there is no reason for the ban. Riiiiiight.

Reporting this and sticking QDMA"s nose in it will get you banned from their site. Geesh....what a great organization! QDMA TAKE DOWN THAT DOT!

(how'd I do Phil? ) :D (rant over)

OH.....and its not just that QDMA has no active club in this area......but then they hold a "summit" and have MY DNR attend. They claim they to hold more sway with the DNR and policy than the hunters here in MN. ???? Yeah....NOT A CHANCE! Just who the hell do they think they are? QDMA has done NOTHING here. I resent that they have the ear of OUR DNR. Shame on QDMA for not going to bat for the low populations we are faced with. One thing those folks have......gall. Screw em.

TAKE DOWN THAT DOT.....and maybe then we could talk nice.

I appreciate the kind words - lets not turn this into QDMA bashing or so-and-so is a prick. I simply took the opportunity Lindsay presented me with and saw it as a chance to reach a wider audience and show that an average Joe can do it and make a respectable & realistic improvement. Lots of folks out there with more property, more success, more experience - I saw it as a chance to share and I am proud of what I have accomplished on my place. I am no expert or guru - I still have lots to learn, lots to try and always more projects to get to. You guys see my dumb questions, begging for help and even short sighted opinions on here all the time - last thing you will see from me is some chest pounding and posturing over this article. Not trying to self promote here - but if anyone is interested I have the pdf file I can send - I will not post here as that is way to much like chest pounding for my liking.

I don't mind! ...........Because Don is and always will be a........

And you should post here, I liked the article, shows what anyone of us can do if you are in a decent area. QDMA should print more articles like yours before some idiot losing trees. JMO!

Congrats JBird! I still get the magazine. I look forward to reading it! I still visit their forum some but not daily like this one. There are some great guys over there like Gator, Letemgrow etc. Would love to see them pop in over here

Great Article j bird, I think it's awesome how you improved things. Indiana has some great hunting glad your able to capatailize on that.
How much crp do you have if you don't mind me asking?

Congratulations J-bird!