Maybe QDMA is feeling are wrath.

Both off shoot sites are smallish compared to when I found the QDMA forums. For me it's not a competition it's a compliment. I'm here because this was the brake out and it became my home. I'm a life member of QDMA but would never have even known who they we're with out finding the forum first.

I joined out of a feeling of guilt of using the forum for free.

As time goes on I think things will grow for all the forums. FB has a place but doesn't lend itself to detail.

FB is where the "look at me" grows. These cottage forums are where the "let us learn" together thing happens.

For the "learner" only guys. You already have something to say. We have thousands of viewers that never say a word. They may be seeking something you know.

None of us are either fully teachers or learners. Folks who are beginners with any subject matter ask "dumb" questions because they don't know any better. (Notice dumb is in quotes). Because newbies have not been indoctrinated with the conventional thinking, quite often, when more experienced folks are trying to answer these "dumb" questions, they are forced to think about the problem in a way they never would have without the question.

Not just here in the context of wildlife management, but in many other aspects of life, especially technology, I've ended up learning a lot form folks much less experienced.

I'd say everyone is a learner and a teacher. Al you have to do is speak up...!

Thanks,

Jack

None of us are either fully teachers or learners. Folks who are beginners with any subject matter ask "dumb" questions because they don't know any better. (Notice dumb is in quotes). Because newbies have not been indoctrinated with the conventional thinking, quite often, when more experienced folks are trying to answer these "dumb" questions, they are forced to think about the problem in a way they never would have without the question.

Not just here in the context of wildlife management, but in many other aspects of life, especially technology, I've ended up learning a lot form folks much less experienced.

I'd say everyone is a learner and a teacher. Al you have to do is speak up...!

Thanks,

Jack

Very true Jack,
I'm still learning here and everywhere all the time.

Life would be boring if you knew everything. The older I get, the more I realize I don’t know stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, they finally did it! ....I think. My last issue of Quality Whitetails came last week according to a notice in the wrapper. I opened it up and scanned through it. I could not find a single in depth article of any substance. Lots of ads, self-aggrandizement, and fluff. I prize many of my older QW magazines and re-read the articles from time to time teasing out subtleties. I doubt I'll miss the new ones that I supposedly won't get...

Thanks,

Jack

yoderjac, you beat me to the keyboard. I am a life member of the QDMA. Joined 26 years ago. When I got the latest issue of their magazine, I browsed through it. I do all my heavy reading in the bathroom! I could not find a single article that I wanted to read. No sense stating again the same things you did in your thread.
I will continue to get the magazine as a life member. It will go to the bottom of my stack of magazines to be read while taking my morning constitutional.

Jack,

Compare the latest issue to the one 6 years ago

completely different rag for the reasons you mention

My subscription ends in september........

bill

I was inches away from becoming a life member before they put the organizational interest above the mission. Glad I didn't become one!

Did you get a prepaid envelope in which to return your donation ? I like your response but don't think it is worth a forever postage stamp on my part to send anything back to them.

Did you get a prepaid envelope in which to return your donation ? I like your response but don't think it is worth a forever postage stamp on my part to send anything back to them.

No, usually they are prepaid. This one needs a stamp but I'll splurge.
Guess their tightening the belt.

No, usually they are prepaid. This one needs a stamp but I'll splurge.
Guess their tightening the belt.
Definitely worth the price of a stamp to let them know how you feel.

My subscription(and membership) ended with september issue

Sept issue was 90% shameless self promotion and solicitation for funds

........and the cover is not even "glossy" anymore!!!!!!!

bill