Illinois rifle ban

bwoods11

5 year old buck +
How is this affecting Illinois hunters gun owners A3E7A0F4-B0A2-4ED1-BB2E-A3D4EC90FA7B.png& sportsman ?

Just a distraction to keep everyone from talking about the other thing. It'll likely get tossed by a circuit court post haste.

He is eliminating base, reducing money for police staffing, letting criminals out early, etc ... now taking away guns from law abiding citizens who want to defend themselves .... idiot.

Effect on:
Hunters=minimal
Legal gun enthusiasts=major
Criminals=very minimal
Gun shops=major

What's laughable is there are plenty of gun laws already in place in Illinois with far more severe penalties. When a criminal commits a crime while armed, tacking on a violation of this new law will mean nothing when it comes to sentencing. Lawmakers should have passed a law mandating that the courts follow already in place mandatory sentencing on felony gun crimes.

Under the new law, first time possession of an "assault rifle" is a misdemeanor. Possession of high capacity magazine is a petty offense. While this sucks for the legal gun owner, this means nothing to the criminals.

Last edited:
Laws like this only affect the law-abiding.... I suspect (and hope) this will get tossed out in court. I also hope the voters toss these politicians in the street!

Criminals will ALWAYS have guns.... especially semi-automatic ones....if not automatic ones. Not one person who is interested in shooting a place up is going to think, "Maybe I shouldn't use a semi-auto...because that's against the law."

This is simply more posturing by politicians claiming they are doing something about a problem.....and they at most only further limiting the rights or those that are NOT the problem! This isn't going to do anything to really address the problem.....

I have to stop typing......this is a topic I am VERY passionate about....

You can't vote yourself out of a rigged election. In IL where I live we have a veto proof House and Senate. Thank you Chicago and Springfield. I think we have had more Gov's in prison than any other state. Al Capone lived in Chicago for a reason. It is where all our Gov's now live.

Remember these quotes —

…..”Democrats are not going after your guns” … well yep they are !

I live in the state and bought a ar pistol and 2 lowers for each of my kids if they continue to live in this state only way they can own one is if I heir them it. I have a feeling it will get tossed in federal court but am not holding my breath.

Pretty sure murder is illegal doesn’t seem to stop the clowns from shooting each other. It will only affect the law abiding citizens. County sheriffs have voiced pretty widespread opposition. State police are enforcing it. I ordered a bunch of mags before the ban was in effect they took two days to ship them then canceled the order. I wouldn’t want to be on the police team that is ordered to confiscate weapons that aren’t registered as a show of force from our governor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk