I must be wearing her down

You better hope you do - or your blood is in trouble. :p
Yup, I get it from venison, beef, and vegetables!

Talk about derailing a thread!

Back to tractors!

Won a box full of misc hydraulic stuff at auction tonight. I'll pick it up tomorrow and start sorting through it. :D Still no word on my loader. :(

Shipping updated to arrival on the 6th, and then he said they'd need a couple days to get it installed. Gonna be a long week. :D

Loader is in, but they can't get it installed til monday. I need the machine to drag my cargo container Sunday, so they're bringing it out tomorrow morning and getting it back Monday to do the loader. :) This is all gratis. Dealer matters.

What size container did you get? I bought a 20' today. Being delivered Wed.

20'er - getting a 40 anywhere close to where I'd want it isn't possible yet. I might get that much done this summer, but even that's questionable without hiring a dozer.

I didn't take any pics of mine today. I'll be sure to get some when it's here though.

$1500 delivered. :)

20'er - getting a 40 anywhere close to where I'd want it isn't possible yet. I might get that much done this summer, but even that's questionable without hiring a dozer.

I didn't take any pics of mine today. I'll be sure to get some when it's here though.

Good price mine was 2600 delivered.

Good price. Who did you buy that from Jim?

Storage Boxes Etc. He runs ads on CL where I found him. One of his yards is off 11 and 3 by Breezy Point.

Just went back to assess the road into the high side of my property and got a new dent in the truck after sliding off an ice flow. The container will be going off the shoulder in the swamp until I can move it (or maybe I'll leave it to annoy the bitchy neighbors? :D ).

Just spent half an hour putzing around and skidding some logs. Why did I buy my atv instead of this 4 years ago??? :D

DSC02316.jpg
This was 18" on the stump. Could've dragged it whole if I hadn't already cut it trying to make it atv friendly.

Are you guys adding ventilation to your containers?

Mine has it in already. If you look at the pic it's the box on top about the 3rd rib in. One on each end and both sides.

I'll be adding it before too long.

Just get Sandbur to shoot a few holes thru it......he likes to ventilate stuff. Grin. Are those vent at the top enough to keep the inside dry?

I plan on adding some kind of vent stack and a window or two.

When this moves to rifle range house duty, I want to build a deck on top. :D

Tractor is back at the dealer getting the loader installed.

Are those vent at the top enough to keep the inside dry?

Time will tell. If not larger will be installed. It was completly dry inside when I bought it. But running a warm tractor in and out will make a difference.

Jim that exhaust looks like a tight fit. How much clearance do you have?

Several inches - it's not really all that close in person.

Looking into venting more and it sounds like a good bit of flow is needed to keep these from baking in the summer.

My dealer screwed the pooch when thinking he could get a 512 loader on a 4wd tractor. The frame mounts hit the tires.

So after lying to me a couple times on the phone (I knew of the potential issue for a month) and claiming they needed more time to finish plumbing it (4 hoses needed to be threaded on - I saw it on the pallet as delivered. There's 10 minutes of plumbing!), and then claiming it's an 11 hour job to install (Friday the same guy - service manager - said it was 5-6 hours, now up to 11), they still couldn't guarantee it'd be delivered Thursday (this convo was wed)...

Since I either needed more food or was going to unload them for wasting a month on the wrong loader (I originally wanted a 553, but they couldn't get one), I decided to go see what was up with the tractor at around 2pm wed (tractor was supposed to be done tuesday and returned btw). Upon walking in the door, the service manager looked like he'd seen a ghost - it was "come to Jesus" time and he knew it. So he took me back and showed how the one mount hit the tire, and they were getting a different mount delivered in the morning. I explained to him it still wouldn't work since Deere doesn't support that loader on 4wd models. He questioned where I got that info, and I told him it's in bold print on the loaders manual "two wheel drive tractors." I then told him I wanted out of the purchase agreement.

They agreed to let me walk, but wouldn't give me anything in writing claiming they needed paperwork from Deere to do that. I was livid, but held my composure (barely) and left.

So I drove out of their parking lot and into the lot next door at Home Depot, parked and started looking for a 5065e w/553 I had remembered being in South Dakota. Within a couple minutes I found it, was on the phone with that dealer explaining what happened, and they were willing to work with me to get it sorted out.

20 mins later, they'd talked to Deere, explained how I wasn't buying the other one (and why), and I was approved!

So I rented a trailer and hit the road for BFE, SD.

Tractor checked out, trailer not so much... There's weights on the rear wheels and I'm thinking the tires are loaded too. My truck could barely stop it from a slow roll, and the trailer tires would've blown had I tried. So my tractor is getting shipped and will hopefully be here monday. :)