I got "Lucky"

Congrats on a fine looking buck and for sharing the history built into your successful hunt!... hard work and time well spent with an awesome payoff! Congrats again!:emoji_punch:Fist bump!

Amazing buck! Congrats

Congrats, Bill, on getting that giant, great looking buck. You put in all the hard work. It feels good when things go right. You've had a terrific season, and it's still only September!

Incredible buck! Congrats!!!!!!!!!! Love those G3s...

^^^^^ What Gator said, but I'd add those G1s, G2s, G4s, AND G5s as well!!!! Helluva buck! :emoji_smile:

Congrats! He is a beauty!

Huge CONGRATS Bill! Thats the pinnacle of what we do!
Its bittersweet... but thats the game we play. Dive in, keep planting, and get ready for the next chapter!
Well done

Congrats!!! Great deer and patience. Also, what a great friend who drove 8 hours. I thought I was sick, but your friend got me beat.

Great deer and great story,we had same here tonight 20 degree drop thought for sure"notch" would show up for my daughters ML hunt but 9 other bucks did just nothing mature

Congrats!!! Great deer and patience. Also, what a great friend who drove 8 hours. I thought I was sick, but your friend got me beat.

Yeah he ain't right :emoji_smile:

Great story and an OUTSTANDING BUCK! Congratulations!
My guess is that he left some of his genetics in the younger bucks of your area. Now the wait for the taxidermist to finish your mount.

I originally missed the 8 hour drive thing. That's awesome.

Well my buddy didn't drive 8 hours but you were right on with the temp drop.Notch did come out tonight and my daughter made short work of him with the MLheres a pic from last year and one from this year check out the left earnotch-4.jpgnotch21.jpg

Well my buddy didn't drive 8 hours but you were right on with the temp drop.Notch did come out tonight and my daughter made short work of him with the MLheres a pic from last year and one from this year check out the left ear

Very nice! Congrats to your daughter. Nothing better in my book than the excitement the kids get out of it.

I'll take a temperature drop over a moon phase any day...

I agree,he didn't score as high as yours but very mature and we had lots of history,this was only the second time seen during daylight.First time my other daughter missed last yearabby.jpg

I agree,he didn't score as high as yours but very mature and we had lots of history,this was only the second time seen during daylight.First time my other daughter missed last yearView attachment 20687

Nice big mature deer. He looks a lot bigger on the ground than on the hoof!
Hope your other daughter isn't to ticked off :)

You pick a pose for the mount of Lucky yet?

You pick a pose for the mount of Lucky yet?

NA, I just hack sawed the horns off and nailed them to the fence out back :emoji_astonished::emoji_fearful::emoji_face_palm:..:emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

No not yet. My Taidermy man is still backed up from last year so I have a bit of time.

NA, I just hack sawed the horns off and nailed them to the fence out back :emoji_astonished::emoji_fearful::emoji_face_palm:..:emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

No not yet. My Taidermy man is still backed up from last year so I have a bit of time.

Ha!

If you would have said you had already cut the antlers up for knife handles that would have even been more cringe worthy.

Like an idiot I really did do that with a really nice shed antler decades ago, biggest I had ever found up to that time....it did end up on a nice bowie.

Way to go Bill! Very nice buck! And a nice story to go along with it! The Deer we chase for multiple years at the special ones! Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk