I got "Lucky"

This made my morning! Congrats! Thanks for sharing and all you do on HT!!!!

WOW!! Great buck! Congratulations!!

Great buck! Makes all of the previous planning, the waiting, the hard work worthwhile. Few people would have put the effort in that you did. Congratulations on the trophy of a lifetime, you deserve him.

Great Buck, congrats!!!!! I love hearing about a great success story with history like yours. It make everything we do a little more worth it.

Wow great deer and story congrats....

Awesome buck and great story. Congrats. First kill with a new weapon and it's a monster, I think you need to name that crossbow after him.

SUPER!!!:emoji_thumbsup::emoji_astonished: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Awesome, congrats!

Great history awesome story and a HUGE CONGRATS TO YOU!!!

Congrats man..... not many of us will ever kill a deer like that much less have that sort of history with him to boot. Great story all the way around.

Fantastic buck Bill, congrats!!! Having history makes it that much sweeter for sure.

Man that’s a stud!!!

Congrats

Isn't that the pinnacle of what we're tryin to do here? Habitat to grow and hold deer. Passing on a good deer knowing if you can keep him alive for a couple years he'll be a giant. That's as much as anyone can ask for.

And to kill a deer you've got so much history with is even better.

You probably never went out there in the last 2 years planting or spraying or mowing without him being on your mind. Congrats man! That's as good as it gets.

This is the last pic my cam will ever take of Lucky. I was in a different stand then my friend was. After passing the camera he turned an walked out towards a doe and yearling that were eating turnip greens in front of me.
I have to ask. Throw and mow or conventional planting? :emoji_wink:

Oh hell yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You dirty dog! Huge congrats from Ohio.....that is AWESOME to have that kind of history with him and finally put him on the ground. The work you put in on the place paid of huge!!!! Very happy for you Bill!

Wow, congrats Bill. That is a beast. I mean really a beast.

I get the bitter sweet part about the last picture you'll ever get of him. But now you don't have to worry about a neighbor getting him either. You can rest knowing he will be on the wall soon.

Now it's time to grow the next "Lucky".

Congrats.

-John

Awesome buck!! Congrats!!

I have to ask. Throw and mow or conventional planting? :emoji_wink:

Throw and Mow. And before Lucky came out a doe was feasting on turnips. Pulling them up whole with little purple bulbs on them and eating everything. She was literally like a vacumm. I think I figured out why my turnips never look so special.

You probably never went out there in the last 2 years planting or spraying or mowing without him being on your mind.

You have no clue. (Well yeah you do) My wife who doesn't hunt asked right away if it was Lucky. So if she was familiar with the critter you know I was :)

Throw and Mow. And before Lucky came out a doe was feasting on turnips. Pulling them up whole with little purple bulbs on them and eating everything. She was literally like a vacumm. I think I figured out why my turnips never look so special.

You have no clue. (Well yeah you do) My wife who doesn't hunt asked right away if it was Lucky. So if she was familiar with the critter you know I was :)

C'mon Bill ... be honest with us ... you used one of the BOB seed bag mixes right? :emoji_relaxed:

C'mon Bill ... be honest with us ... you used one of the BOB seed bag mixes right? :emoji_relaxed:

I need to go take a pic of that plot. The cocklebur is taking over so bad it’s hard to see the turnips.

I’m either going to mow it or kill everything and go with clover and rye.

Never mowed brassicas, don’t know how they would react but I’m betting this late the cocklebur would give up.