I don’t know if global warming

Are you suggesting the Earth IS NOT in a warming phase right now? Or do you acknowledge that it is indeed a warming planet but that it's not man-made?
I believe in climate change, but I believe it has been cycling for many, many years. I do not believe in man made “global warming” I think my theory is just as good as a guy who can’t get the seven day forecast right. 😁

I believe in climate change, but I believe it has been cycling for many, many years. I do not believe in man made “global warming” I think my theory is just as good as a guy who can’t get the seven day forecast right. 😁

I hear you. Unless you've been living in a cave or willfully reject all the science and/or common sense...the Earth is clearly warming. Whether this trend is man-made or a natural cycle is certainly a hot-button issue and unfortunately, tends to bring out the worst in people.

I hear you. Unless you've been living in a cave or willfully reject all the science and/or common sense...the Earth is clearly warming. Whether this trend is man-made or a natural cycle is certainly a hot-button issue and unfortunately, tends to bring out the worst in people.
The earth is clearly warming right now. I have a healthy skepticism of science as lots of it is agenda driven, (think Covid) and I tend to rely on common sense for my beliefs. Common sense tells me that we can speculate on the weather hundreds of years ago but we can’t prove it. After all, ten or fifteen years ago they said the oceans would be dead by now. They aren’t. The sea level would rise greatly. It didn’t. I do not believe that cow farts are relevant either, but bull shit abounds, especially if there is money connected to it.

In 2019 AOC said the world is going to end in 12 years because of climate change, so none of this matters anyway. I say, "Get your booner while you still can."

In 2019 AOC said the world is going to end in 12 years because of climate change, so none of this matters anyway. I say, "Get your booner while you still can."
You’re the only guy with booners running around everywhere ! My deer are victims of drought this year, and I’m thinking about sueing the weather liars. 😬

IMG_3733.jpg
I googled this thinking it might be just more internet balderdash. It’s not, the Post actually published this article 100 years ago, but that was before Al Gore, Ted Danson, AOC, et al were born, so they probably didn’t see it. 😂😂😂

The climate is changing, it always has ! I live within an hour of the Red River Valley which only X amount of years ago was a giant lake !

One of the fastest growing cities in the Midwest (Fargo, ND) part of it ….No SUVs back then !7F85B6BA-0316-4D96-AF9F-D24A3E96851F.gif

Is a thing, but 87 degrees on 10/1 sucks. Zero motivation to hunt.

Dude, this was the coolest opening weekend I have had in Texas in 10 years… we are ALWAYS mid-upper 90’s. This weekend was lower-mid 90’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m very familiar with Fargo, my wife’s relatives live there. She was born there, lived on a farm to the west of Fargo most of her early life. I kidnapped her in Williston and brought her to Texas and incurred her mother’s ire for several years until she finally got over it. Forty-one years later now, and I’m just learning that Fargo was in a lake once. I do remember the flooding several years ago in Grand Fork I think. That country is so flat that the water can’t get out of its own way ! Good folks in that state, but the population growth in Fargo aren’t all North Dakotans. I worked out of Williston for a year, and there sure wasn’t any global warming the winter of ‘81/‘82 ! This Texas boy like to have friz his keester off……

The earth is clearly warming right now. I have a healthy skepticism of science as lots of it is agenda driven, (think Covid) and I tend to rely on common sense for my beliefs. Common sense tells me that we can speculate on the weather hundreds of years ago but we can’t prove it. After all, ten or fifteen years ago they said the oceans would be dead by now. They aren’t. The sea level would rise greatly. It didn’t. I do not believe that cow farts are relevant either, but bull shit abounds, especially if there is money connected to it.

Again...I hear you. I go the other way...tending to be more OK with the science. But, for sure with a healthy dose of skepticism. Having money connected to the global warming debate though is a two way street. Those who don't believe it's man made and push that theory have BILLIONS to be made on oil, gas, coal. They are just as agenda driven as the global warming alarmists.

Personally, I think there is probably a good chance that global warming is connected to the burning of fossil fuels over the past 150 years. But I still drive my 1984 K5 Blazer that gets like 8 MPG. I can't stand the emissions standards that seem to make all small gas powered engines, wood stoves, washing machines and dryers so much less powerful and efficient than they were 25 years ago. But I don't lose sleep about it. There's a billion Chinese burning coal and oil at a rate commensurate with that of America in the 1930's and 40's. Nothing I do in my lifetime will offset that.

Last edited:
There's a billion Chinese burning coal and oil at a rate commensurate with that of America in the 1930's and 40's. Nothing I do in my lifetime will offset that.
Very true, but the climate nazis seem hellbent on pushing us, the US, into a future we aren’t prepared for, but one that they can control and profit off of. I’m fine with profits, just don’t sacrifice mine for yours. Pushing this electric car agenda is a great example of putting the cart before the horse for profit. I would love to see electric cars, but there’s very few places to recharge and it takes too long to charge them just to go 300 miles or so ? That’s not progress IMO. My F250 getting 14 mpg will go farther on a fill up. But that’s not even the biggest reason for my dissatisfaction with this agenda. I’m kinda like a mule, I can be lead but not pushed. (Some would say a hardhead!) If this push for “green energy” would have been done for the right reasons from the start, we might have even been farther along than we are. The claim of green is a lie. Until windmills and solar panels and electric cars are built totally without fossil fuels, there is no “green”. This doesn’t even address the lifespan of windmills, batteries, etc. and what to do with them after they are used up. It also doesn’t address the minerals needed to build thses “green” car batteries and the countries in which those minerals are located. I’m afraid the government has put up a fence and we will soon realize that we are on the wrong side of it. BTW, I’m not arguing with you, just stating my beliefs. I could be wrong, I was once before. 😝

Very true, but the climate nazis seem hellbent on pushing us, the US, into a future we aren’t prepared for, but one that they can control and profit off of. I’m fine with profits, just don’t sacrifice mine for yours. Pushing this electric car agenda is a great example of putting the cart before the horse for profit. I would love to see electric cars, but there’s very few places to recharge and it takes too long to charge them just to go 300 miles or so ? That’s not progress IMO. My F250 getting 14 mpg will go farther on a fill up. But that’s not even the biggest reason for my dissatisfaction with this agenda. I’m kinda like a mule, I can be lead but not pushed. (Some would say a hardhead!) If this push for “green energy” would have been done for the right reasons from the start, we might have even been farther along than we are. The claim of green is a lie. Until windmills and solar panels and electric cars are built totally without fossil fuels, there is no “green”. This doesn’t even address the lifespan of windmills, batteries, etc. and what to do with them after they are used up. It also doesn’t address the minerals needed to build thses “green” car batteries and the countries in which those minerals are located. I’m afraid the government has put up a fence and we will soon realize that we are on the wrong side of it. BTW, I’m not arguing with you, just stating my beliefs. I could be wrong, I was once before. 😝
Will we ever know the truth on energy efficiency? These discussions remind of the corn ethanol discussions. There are too many variables. I suspect energy inputs on corn with a drought yield of 60 bushels versus a 300 bushel yield can fudge figures any way you want.

Same thing for building and transporting windmills, e batteries, solar panels.

My Dad said ‘Liars figure and figures lie!’ He probably could have worked on the federal budget!

I still watch Deadliest Catch at times....weird how in the latests episodes they still hit pack ice and get run off crabbing grounds by frozen north sea just like they have for generations.

I know that the global warming crowd has really pushed the supposed polar bear decimation over the ice melt too...
but then there is this,

And of course the tree hugger crowd has gone into overdrive trying to discredit these facts and "science" that don't fit into their narrative.

The "science" behind covid and vaccines sure didn't pan out, so I myself don't put a lot of faith in anything the Gov or any Gov funded organizations try and preach.

Is the ice melting? Probably. Is it as bad as the left claims? Probably not. Is it a natural cycle that has been going on for millions of years...absolutely!

When talking about the US (it's people) or Government officials please do not us the term WE. I am certainly not a WE when talking about most of these topics.

View attachment 58034
Look at all those earth friendly fiberglass wind turbine blades returning to mother Earth from whom they came
I'm always a little surprised when I see photo's of these fiberglass blades.......and wonder if they could be ground up and thus used to strengthen concrete? or recycled back into a new turbine blade??, or some such thing.

I'm always a little surprised when I see photo's of these fiberglass blades.......and wonder if they could be ground up and thus used to strengthen concrete? or recycled back into a new turbine blade??, or some such thing.
I think it's the plastics in the mix that are giving people the biggest problem. There always seems to be someone working on it. First one to figure it out is going to be rich.

And there is the 600-1000 tons of concrete for the turbine base along with the ground compaction of 40 truckloads of crete along with the bird kill and subsonic noise pollution...they don't seem so "green".
Same thing with the EV batteries that need all kinds of mined lithium and cobalt permanetly polluting groundwater and surface water, also needing coal created electricity to charge them... not so green there either.

And there is the 600-1000 tons of concrete for the turbine base along with the ground compaction of 40 truckloads of crete along with the bird kill and subsonic noise pollution...they don't seem so "green".
Same thing with the EV batteries that need all kinds of mined lithium and cobalt permanetly polluting groundwater and surface water, also needing coal created electricity to charge them... not so green there either.
Don’t get me started on solar. There’s nothing better for the environment as we all know, then converting 2000 acres of forest land or prairie to an inhabitable hell hole worth of reflective glass.