I don’t know if global warming

Don’t get me started on solar. There’s nothing better for the environment as we all know, then converting 2000 acres of forest land or prairie to an inhabitable hell hole worth of reflective glass.

I'm with you, nothing like seeing a few hundred acres of good crop land taken out of production and filled with glass and concrete so it can do nothing every time it snows.

A giant German wind company is suing our local tiny town. Town has no stoplights, and they don't want wind turbines inside 1.5 miles of their limits. Wind company wants something like 10 or 13 650+ ft tall turbines within the 1.5 mile. Their whole project hinges on it. David vs Goliath. Wind energy sucks. The state has given towns up to a 1.5 mile setback if they so choose. Wind co says the town didn't say no soon enough.

A giant German wind company is suing our local tiny town. Town has no stoplights, and they don't want wind turbines inside 1.5 miles of their limits. Wind company wants something like 10 or 13 650+ ft tall turbines within the 1.5 mile. Their whole project hinges on it. David vs Goliath. Wind energy sucks. The state has given towns up to a 1.5 mile setback if they so choose. Wind co says the town didn't say no soon enough.
And the answer should just plain be NO if it is an over seas company!!

With all that said I do believe some of it is man-made. Just look at how much asphalt we have covering this planet and shingled roofs and loss of forest. All that has an impact I believe on how we hold retain heat. It obviously has an impact on things like flooding.

I think the black roads, black roofs, and lack of green shade has a lot more to do with global warming then me driving my truck.

Go sit in the middle of a blcktop parking lot on a 90 degree sunny day, then go sit in a forest on a 90 degree sunny day, tell me which is warmer.

The biggest wind farm in Ohio is only twenty miles from me. It is terrible, drove property values down, some of the people are sick from the low sub sonic hum and shaddow flashing and it just looks like War of the World with hundreds and hundreds of those stupid things ruining the country view day and night. When one breaks down they either let it sit or tear it down and replace it. I've heard that it is cheaper for the company to put up new one than fix old...and of course its Gov subsidized. Oh yea, they are made in China to boot!

Well 5000 years ago there was snow 500 feet high where I stand now and not a man alive. Global warming is natural.

For all of those that think it either A) isn't real or B) isn't at least partially caused by man,

What amount or type of evidence would make you change your mind?

For all of those that think it either A) isn't real or B) isn't at least partially caused by man,

What amount or type of evidence would make you change your mind?

There isn’t any evidence. Just like there isn’t evidence about snow being 500’ deep.

Don’t believe the Bible though about a flood that covered the earth. That document doesn’t count.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The biggest wind farm in Ohio is only twenty miles from me. It is terrible, drove property values down, some of the people are sick from the low sub sonic hum and shaddow flashing and it just looks like War of the World with hundreds and hundreds of those stupid things ruining the country view day and night. When one breaks down they either let it sit or tear it down and replace it. I've heard that it is cheaper for the company to put up new one than fix old...and of course its Gov subsidized. Oh yea, they are made in China to boot!

Well please tell me what carved out the great lakes then if that wasn't climate change. I am sure there were no cars running then.

Well please tell me what carved out the great lakes then if that wasn't climate change. I am sure there were no cars running then.

Did you not read my above post?

“Climate change” happens over a long period of time. The Grand Canyon was carved out in one single event that happened in the bill of an eye.

Very true, but the climate nazis seem hellbent on pushing us, the US, into a future we aren’t prepared for, but one that they can control and profit off of. I’m fine with profits, just don’t sacrifice mine for yours. Pushing this electric car agenda is a great example of putting the cart before the horse for profit. I would love to see electric cars, but there’s very few places to recharge and it takes too long to charge them just to go 300 miles or so ? That’s not progress IMO. My F250 getting 14 mpg will go farther on a fill up. But that’s not even the biggest reason for my dissatisfaction with this agenda. I’m kinda like a mule, I can be lead but not pushed. (Some would say a hardhead!) If this push for “green energy” would have been done for the right reasons from the start, we might have even been farther along than we are. The claim of green is a lie. Until windmills and solar panels and electric cars are built totally without fossil fuels, there is no “green”. This doesn’t even address the lifespan of windmills, batteries, etc. and what to do with them after they are used up. It also doesn’t address the minerals needed to build thses “green” car batteries and the countries in which those minerals are located. I’m afraid the government has put up a fence and we will soon realize that we are on the wrong side of it. BTW, I’m not arguing with you, just stating my beliefs. I could be wrong, I was once before. 😝

Absolutely agree. And yes....no argument at all. I enjoy hearing the beliefs of others whose views might be different from mine. It's how we learn and better ourselves. We are actually not that different. I hate all the same crap you do...but I do believe humans are probably warming the planet at a higher rate than historical averages. I just don't know what the solution is. I hate the look of windmills on a beautiful New England mountain range. Can't stand once beautiful farm fields now covered with massive solar arrays. Don't want an EV or even an electric lawn mower.

Nuclear seems to be one path towards abundant clean energy....but that comes with its own problems. Last spring I recall hearing that some scientists were able to briefly harness the energy of nuclear fusion for the first time....fusing hydrogen into helium. Just the tip of the iceberg, but harnessing that kind of nuclear energy without any radioactive waste might be the thing that saves this planet. And if global warming isn't real or harmful and the planet didn't actually need saving, well at least we'll have plenty of helium for birthday balloons because apparently the world is running out of helium. 😜

I wish they would focus their solar efforts on all those naked rooftops in every major city before they plan giant arrays out here in “flyover” country.

The Grand Canyon was carved out in one single event that happened in the bill of an eye.

Curious as to what you mean by this?

I meant blink of an eye. My bad.

I meant blink of an eye. My bad.

Sorry...I should have explained. I knew you meant to type "blink." Curious as what you mean that the Grand Canyon was created in one event in the blink of an eye?

Absolutely agree. And yes....no argument at all. I enjoy hearing the beliefs of others whose views might be different from mine. It's how we learn and better ourselves. We are actually not that different. I hate all the same crap you do...but I do believe humans are probably warming the planet at a higher rate than historical averages. I just don't know what the solution is. I hate the look of windmills on a beautiful New England mountain range. Can't stand once beautiful farm fields now covered with massive solar arrays. Don't want an EV or even an electric lawn mower.

Nuclear seems to be one path towards abundant clean energy....but that comes with its own problems. Last spring I recall hearing that some scientists were able to briefly harness the energy of nuclear fusion for the first time....fusing hydrogen into helium. Just the tip of the iceberg, but harnessing that kind of nuclear energy without any radioactive waste might be the thing that saves this planet. And if global warming isn't real or harmful and the planet didn't actually need saving, well at least we'll have plenty of helium for birthday balloons because apparently the world is running out of helium. 😜
Agree with the nuclear, Europe has been using it for power very successfully for a long time. Definitely would be worth looking into, I think it is safer than it used to be as far as being able to control it.
As far as vehicles, propane is much cleaner but still has a finite amount available like any fossil fuel.
The military has been doing a lot with hydrogen and that may be the future.

Sorry...I should have explained. I knew you meant to type "blink." Curious as what you mean that the Grand Canyon was created in one event in the blink of an eye?
Genesis V: 7

The Biblical flood account.

This is all delightful and entertaining! Controversial as well. I know I shouldn't touch it but it's hard to not touch a hot stove especially when I've been told not to!
Let me be honest. Many years ago I came to that old Q forum to learn something. Then I got bold enough to offer my perceived knowledge about some habitat and deer things, subjects that have consumed me for several decades. The next step in my evolution was the decision to use the forums to hone my writing. Feed back is nearly instant - and (mostly) honest. I learned a lot from reading and responding to your experiences.

But the 'debates' about science and politics and the other non-habitat subjects horrifies me, or it did at first. However, like with the other posts I've learned a lot - enough to make me think more deeply about things I probably never would have without you! I feel your distrust in institutions but you cannot paint all the same way. Within them there are the many pushes and pulls found everywhere. I/we can only hope the results are beneficial to us all. Politics is a mess and always has been, maybe more so today than ever? I like Donald Trump for his boldness, but I dispise him for his style and personality. As president his execution was suspect. He scares me. I liked Joe Biden but he's approaching senility. He scares me! Today the House of Representatives is leaderless. Surely, in my opinion, we must demand better candidates. Then make your choices as you will.

So, this post is about climate change. I have a number of random thoughts.
There's a real lack of understanding about science. Science never proves anything. It just fails to disprove the alternative theory(ies). So, man's contribution to an every changing climate is and always will be up in the air - but there's enough evidence to make the probability, never ever 100%, we have influenced it true.

The question then is...should we or can we do something to mitigate our contribution? Why? Because the speed of the change is worrisome.

Change come hard. Adaptability is slow. It's like bankruptcy. You go bankrupt two ways, gradually and then suddenly! It doesn't matter what happened thousands or millions of years ago. Ask the dinosaurs how they felt about climate change. To cut to the bottom line, yes lives are involved, but it's the economy at risk. Close to me, Norfolk, VA is about to go underwater. Multiply that, hypothetically, a couple thousands of times and figure out the economic impact. And if you live in fly-over country you might think it won't impact you but deflation hits everyone. It's just something to think about.

Like always I've gone on too long. I probably don't read the Bible as some of you do. But I do read it and believe the teachings of Jesus Christ are pertinent to all.

As you post remember this:

Matthew 22:37-40​

You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.