Hunting / recreation and timberland values in your location?

You would be very wise with a purchase like this assuming as with all real estate deals
You can afford to buy it
you can afford to keep it and sell it when YOU are ready
Since this thread is about recreational property then are you passionate about it
And with that are you willing to invest in it
Probably other questions but that is a good start.
Here is why I think you are wise
As I review recreational prices mentioned in this thread most range from min $3500 acre to much more. Many that buy at that price ultimately sell parts to make the purchase more affordable. At $1000 acre you are already ahead of the game. Smart buyers look for underlying advantages beyond just the direct recreational value though I argue creating top quality wildlife habitat has a very strong multiplier effect on property value.

Now , specifically, why would $1000 /acre in the area along the Rio Grande River between Guerrero Coahuila and Nuevo Laredo Mx. be wise. First, again since this thread is about recreational property I argue there is no finer wildlife property in N. America But thats just me. So if one can afford to buy recreational property this area cant be beat! Second, prices have been steadily going up since the 90's once folks figured out how extraordinary this area is. But here is the real kicker. This area lies right in the middle of the Eagle Ford Shale oil/gas play. One of the largest plays in N. America. Mexico imports most of its oil/gas. Pemex doesn't have the technology or money to exploit the play. The current President of Mexico is anti fracking. BUT ... it is easy to believe that the day will come when the U.S. is allowed to exploit the play and the framework is already in place for landowners to benefit. So, if you are in a position to hold the property for a while..like the 25 years you mentioned... your $1000/acre purchase just became brilliant creating generational wealth...if only you would have bought my 2300 acre pasture.

For chuckles, directly across the river 2 mile away, the Faith ranch leased his 40,000 acres for $10,000 acre plus 1/3 royalty. That suggest how lucrative the play is.

BTW, its $2,300,000 for 190's not $2M :)
I am onboard with your plan and investment opportunity. Not sure how much time you need to spend in Mexico for upkeep and projects on the ranch? or if you have someone to manage your property? I'm too old to want in on a plan such as yours.....but I appreciate those that might like this idea. Almost all land bought for fair value seems to provide for the owner given enough time.

Curious tho if you have any concerns with the cartels? or potential for nationalizing your land? International ownership has its own risks.....and that is not a small investment. Absentee ownership can have it's own set of problems. The world is changing fast. Curious too if many smaller parcels sell to Americans? Say 200 to 600 acres?

I recall Baker showing reconyx pics some yrs back of coyotes leading aliens through his pasture. Would make a nice bullet point on the whitetail properties listing!

When I first started buying ranch land in Mexico back in 1996 I paid $65 an acre. Today premium quality hunting property in our neighborhood goes for $1000 acre. Thats still the best bargain for hunting property in North America.
I was under the impression a foreign resident couldn’t buy land in Mexico is this not the case or do you have a workaround?