Hunting property injuries

Fell out of a tree trying to use limbs to hang onto when climbing down when one broke.Some how knew I had to turn around and landed on my feet and fell forward breaking off a sapling about 24 inches off the ground the size of a broomstick.The staub hit me in cheek and cut me right up to my eyebrow. More stitches than when I stuck a knife in my knee while gutting deer.
I too have transported a couple chainsaw injuries and one didn't make it.Had a friend that was in his 70s and still cut wood.He was out cutting once and got hurt bad but made it to his truck and drove to local coop where his son in law worked.They thought the chainsaw had got him but actually the tree fell on his leg and blew out the side and he had to start the saw and cut the tree off himself.Byt the way he was missing half of 3 fingers from running a sawmill.

I had the same thing happen several years ago. Was hinge cutting a 8" diameter tree and it twisted when it fell. I was trying to cut and release a bit more and the long horizontal trunk did a barber chair split. The spring split snapped right back at my chest and threw me back about 10' on my azz. I was grasping for air and thankfully did not break any bones. I had a long horizontal bruise across my chest and was very sore. The split should've gone up but it did the unexpected. Learned a good lesson that day.

Oh boy...close one Tree Spud. It's amazing how much energy there is in a springpole. Very dangerous.

I haven’t had any bad injuries at camp. Heck, I don’t even have a camp now, but I did.

I have nearly worked to heat stroke a couple of times. Certainly, I’ve experienced significant heat exhaustion up there. I’ve had the kind where you’re not quite sure you will make it back to camp you’re so sick and cramping a couple times.

I’m not all that smart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought those were the sign when to stop for a break :)

In your 20 and 30’s it isn’t that big of a deal, when your 50+ it’s better you take the break before that.

a dull hand saw and red oaks limbs in 90+ degree weather has also almost gotten me before. I barely made it to my car thought I was going to pass out got to my car then cranked up the AC.

i share a property with about 15 people. We'v had numerous ATV close calls. Take it easy on those things and wear a helmet. I get picked on for wearing a helmet.

MAny members do not wear a harness. I put up about 4 stands, but do not put all the pieces on it, so it's only 10ft tall or so. I also leave a old school safety rope and ick treestand that have their shoting rests a bit closer to to shooter. I also use 3 ratchet straps every 3 or 4 ft while putting a newstand up. I always use an extra one permanetly on the stand too.

I used to use muck boots, damaged my plantar on my foot while running a chainsaw clearing a trail loggers wrecked.

A member pinched his leg bad on a tree he was felling. He was trying to cut the tree level with the ground, so the forester wouldnt see the stump. I cut at a height I can stand up and move quickly if needed. I also cut brush around the tree and have 2 clear exits if needed. I then have about (2) 16 inch log cuts before I get the stump.

Last month I was clearing some smaller trees for some new apple plantings. I was cutting the felling wedge out. The wedge flew right out and the edge slammed right under y kneecap on my side. Think I did some nerve damage, my side of my shim had a burning sensation for a few days. Wasn't wearing chaps that day.......

I've gotten sick 2 or 3 times cleaning out mouse nests and dropping from the cabin. I've since sealed up the holes and have a 1/10th of the mice we used to have. Went from getting 6-10 mice on 8 traps over a weekend down to zero to two out of 8 traps.

I have treated people that fell out taking ladder stands down and broke back wood cutting injury they didn't make it and several chain saw cuts,Be extra careful and wear protective equipt.