How many stands/blinds do you have per 40 acres?

B

BJE80

Just curious on how many stands most of you have per say 40 acres total of land you own.

I average 8 for my 80 acres so I guess one stand per 10 acres on average.

5 stands each one is on a funnel. 1 additional rut stand. 1 ground blind in a corn plot setup for kids. 40 acres

Last edited:
1 shadow hunter, 3 ladder & 1 climber on my 40 acres.

I shadow hunter and 5 ladder stands On my 40 acres.

4 ladders and 2 hang ons on our 80 so I guess 3 per 40...

1 ladder,and 2 box stands on my 80 so far. I'll be adding 1 more box stand and a couple of ladder stands this spring but that should be it.

Approximately 1 box blind for gun and then 2-3 hang-on/ladder for bow where possible per 40 on 350 plus acres ... we have over 100 plus acres of dense gnarly marsh which is sanctuary where there are no stands ... most stands are located to take advantage of deer coming out the bedding/marsh area ...

Last edited:
150 acres - 10 box blinds, 13 tree stands, 4 more tree stands are in the plans for this summer and 3 more box blinds in the next couple years to replace current tree stand locations. Box blinds have really become our go to stands for comfort in the woods without blowing the deer out. Bad knees and cold weather are negated by these blinds. Half of the blinds are for both archery and rifle and the others rifle only.

Six box blinds and 4 ladder stands on 110 acres. Will add another box blind or two this year. Heat in all of the box blinds. :D

2 box blinds, 5 hang ons and 2 ladder stands on 80 acres, 50 tillable so it's on 30 acres

2 tower blinds, 6 ladder or fixed position stands on 60 acres of cover a total of 150 acres.

I break my property up into 3 sections and then try to place stands to maximize success while give each area as many wind options as possible.

Last edited:
4 heated box stands and 10 ladder stands on 160 acres. Planning 2 more box stands when more food plots are added and need more ladders for wind options.

I have 14 ladder stands on my 25 acres here at home. We have 30 ladder stands on 165 acres in PA.

75 acres. 2 box blinds, 3 hang ons, 2 wood stands and 12 ladder stands. 3 ground blinds.

I have three ladder stands on 45 acres for quick sits. I use my climber for longer sits.

1 tower, 6 ladders, and a ground blind or two on my pop's 40. Could use a couple more still. In a year or two I'll likely have that number on my 23 acres.