Hey bear guys

Gator

5 year old buck +
Can someone with experience give me an estimated weight of this guy? Its a crappy cell phone pic of my laptop screen but its the easiest way for me.
anotherbear.JPG

Seems pretty stout. No big hanging belly though. I'd guess 200-225 but its really hard without something in the pic to relate to his height, length, and girth. I've had thick round 4 footers that with the right cam pic, look like 400 pounders.

Here he is back earlier in the spring. At least I think its the same bear.

bear3.JPG

Last year below. Big'un.jpg

The 2nd pic looks like a bigger bear than the other two pics. All three pics would indicated a shooter bear and I'm going to say over 250lbs. You need a good side angle to get a length and height reference.

Here's a side view of the 2nd pic bear.
bear1.JPG

I do have a number of bears but thought this one was the same. The lone big boar if you will but I don't know much about bears.

That's a bigger bear. Figure that block is 12" wide and you have a bear that is 5.5-6ft nose to tail using that as a reference. His ears are short, his face squares out and his feet are not sticking out much wider than his legs and his next is long which are all signs of a good bear. Hi frame could be as large as 400's but all comes down to how long he is. If he's 6" he'll be in that ball park.

That pic might be deceiving. Nothing to scale off. It appears that bear is narrow at the hips to be a real big bear......but it might be the camera angle, etc. Not a very big belly either. Bears on the hoof are hard to judge.....but I think that one will be in the area of 200-225lbs.

Definately a good bear! Seems to have good height, good sized noggin, hard to tell length on this years pics, but probably does not have the girth to hit the 300 mark. IMHO. Hope you prove me wrong.

Last edited:
I'd say he'll scare the crap out of 300.

I just got a good one to start showing up during the day.

And I believe this is the sow with triplets that started the baiting season with me nearly a month and a half ago. Those cubs are sure growing fast now.

Satchmo,

She's a large healthy sow.

Yea she is, and doing a good job getting all three to this stage considering all the boars running around. Not to mention the wolves. The neck fat on that first big bear just amuses me. I wonder how many calories you have to take in to pull that off. Of course he's had almost a month and a half of trail mix to help with that.

I just got a good one to start showing up during the day.

And I believe this is the sow with triplets that started the baiting season with me nearly a month and a half ago. Those cubs are sure growing fast now.

No way I'd be out and about with all that black fur if it was 101 degrees outside!

No way I'd be out and about with all that black fur if it was 101 degrees outside!

Yea, that sow and cubs were out just after 3 in the afternoon and that cam is in the sun. Hasn't been near 100 here all summer.

New pic.
EK003844.jpg