Grant Woods advised me not to plant winter rye:/

Did Beuller pull a BuckChaser?..........I hope!:D
Not quite, just a little constructive criticism ;). And judging by the responses it apparently wasn't accepted very well.

I would agree that every thread he creates seems to try to get people to buy a product or visit his webpage.

Yeah, I knew mine would just make me look like an a$$ hat, but I couldn't post what I did in this thread about the industry, have bueller post what he did there and then do nothing (I actually anticipated, perhaps incorrectly, that a bunch of posters would jump on bueller, as they did Dipper in the past). Seemed wrong to indirectly help incite a riot and watch someone else get the fire hose. Turns out I may have hurt more than I helped. I did mean what I wrote about wishing Jeff luck though. This is a b1tch of an industry to try to make it in. His constant self promotion got old a long time ago for me, but I suspect he's a decent enough guy...And with that, I'll shut up about all this now.

TH, if you don't mind me asking, what's your name? You look familiar in the pic and no doubt I'd recognize you, if the pic was bigger. If you don't want to give it on a forum, I understand.

Steve, this thread didn't prompt my post, it was a long time coming. I've never been the one to jump on someone for a single post or two that I didn't agree with. But eventually my tolerance boils over and I fire away. This wasn't the first time I let one fly regarding this issue over there but this time it garnished alot more attention. I knew when I posted what I did that I would likely be run over the coils and I accepted that because I knew that what I was saying was being felt by many others, whether they choose to show their support or not. Sometimes you gotta do what's right whether it will be a popular decision or not.

I was being 100% honest when I said that Jeff's self promotion and advertising pushed me away from being a customer. No doubt he is an asset over there, but maybe, just maybe this whole thing will be an eye opener to him on what others are perceiving. In the meantime I will look elsewhere when purchasing a book on food plots.

Steve, this thread didn't prompt my post, it was a long time coming. I've never been the one to jump on someone for a single post or two that I didn't agree with. But eventually my tolerance boils over and I fire away. This wasn't the first time I let one fly regarding this issue over there but this time it garnished alot more attention. I knew when I posted what I did that I would likely be run over the coils and I accepted that because I knew that what I was saying was being felt by many others, whether they choose to show their support or not. Sometimes you gotta do what's right whether it will be a popular decision or not.

I was being 100% honest when I said that Jeff's self promotion and advertising pushed me away from being a customer. No doubt he is an asset over there, but maybe, just maybe this whole thing will be an eye opener to him on what others are perceiving. In the meantime I will look elsewhere when purchasing a book on food plots.
It's all good bueller. Like I said earlier in this thread, sometimes a spade is just a spade, nothing more, nothing less. I for one, tend to call it like I see it and I'm glad you do as well. Between Sturgis and Higgins over there it's like I'm watching the Outdoor Channel some days. Hell, I'm waiting for Lee and Tiffypop to start logging in over there and start pimping products. It really makes me appreciate Paul Knox more and more everyday. That guy could have pimped his ideas for big cash but he choose the higher path and I will truly miss that when he posts no more.

couldn't agree more on the Paul thing. Don't know him at all, but can't help but have a good deal of respect for the man.

People always love folks that will work their butts off for free. Heck, how do you think Obama got elected. Just saying.

This has turned out to be an interesting discussion to say the least! Makes me appreciate what I do for a living. I used to want to be in the outdoor industry so dang bad. Not so much anymore. As far as Obama goes. Not sure exactly how he got elected but Im pretty sure he has never worked a day in his life:confused: Sorry I couldnt resist...
Paul Knox for prez;)

This has turned out to be an interesting discussion to say the least! Makes me appreciate what I do for a living. I used to want to be in the outdoor industry so dang bad. Not so much anymore. As far as Obama goes. Not sure exactly how he got elected but Im pretty sure he has never worked a day in his life:confused: Sorry I couldnt resist...
Paul Knox for prez;)
so.... rye vs wheat? anyone? ;):D:cool:

so.... rye vs wheat? anyone? ;):D:cool:

I use rye and have used wheat [much more expensive] in a pinch. I think you are going to find that the guys in the North use rye more and guys in the South use wheat more. A lot of this has to do with availability.

People always love folks that will work their butts off for free. Heck, how do you think Obama got elected. Just saying.
Paul made/makes a living off of habitat work, but he also was/is willing to share most everything he's learned for free. Comparing Paul to Obama just ain't right Tommy
Stu, I must wholeheartedly agree with your post. THunter, your post kinda really pi$$e$ me off. I will let it slide, as I don't think you meant anything personally against LC, I just find it totally inappropriate to compare our current POTUS and a great, hard-working, God-loving, American like Paul Knox within the context of that sentence.

Comparing Paul to Obama just ain't right Tommy

You're right Stu, that would be a little over the top. But I wasn't comparing Paul to Obama, wouldn't do that to anybody. :D

On the other site that Obama comment would have turned into a blood bath! That is why I like this place so far!

Don't worry ... the honeymoon won't last forever ... ;)