All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got the old boy

Nice job on a great deer NH !! It's a thrill to get an older buck because you know he's no dummy. They get to be older by being smart and cagey. It's cool to get one of the "old men" of the woods. Congrats and let us know when you get him weighed.

Yes!
Haven't been around much with starting on my new home build but checked in and glad to see a few of the best guys around here kill nice bucks!
Congrats NH!

I would have taken some better pics of that buck,he is a good one for sure

Thanks again guys. Didn't get him weighed but that won't happen again. I bought a set of scales today - actually 2 sets. I bought both digital and traditional type. Ordered them from Midway USA.

Also had a couple of last trail cam pics to share of the old boy that I thought you might like.

Good luck to all still hunting. Any chance I get to hunt more this year will be looking for a yote. Went this afternoon for a while and didn't see any yotes but saw 6 or 7 deer, which I guess is a good thing.

Cool live pics of your trophy right there

Pretty much have to call that point a drop tine on the right side?

Some have called it a drop tine. I'm not sure if it would be or not.

He's a pretty unique buck, which-ever way he's categorized. Lots of character in that old dog !! Happy you got him.