Going after a new blind tomorrow.

Thanks for the compliment. I built my own because I wanted all bow windows and couldn't find a prefab that was made that way. I doubt I saved any money if I take my time into account, not much anyway....

So how do you like the Redneck blind after one season? Would you suggest 10' or 15'?

So how do you like the Redneck blind after one season? Would you suggest 10' or 15'?

Can't speak for Foggy but after three years I only have small complaints.

The door doesn't seal completely so it fills with flys. I keep meaning to add better weather strip.

And the window hinges rust. I put WD-40 after the season this year.

10 foot platform. Don't forget the back straps when erecting it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

^^^ These are high on the list for next year and I'll probably be buying a couple.

Bill, why the 10' over the 15'?

Bill the way it came down and started to rock I thought that was going to be a disaster video. Looks good.

I'll 2nd the question why the 10' over the 15'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you guys feel like you are missing out on part of the nature experience while hunting from a blind where you can't hear very much?

Do you guys feel like you are missing out on part of the nature experience while hunting from a blind where you can't hear very much?

I have a neighbor / friend that has a couple of these type of blinds and I asked him a question very similar to yours. He just smiled and said, "with elderly parents, young kids and a wife that all hunt, it's better for some to be in this type of blind enjoying the hunt / outdoors than to be in the house wishing they were enjoying the hunt / outdoors."

I also have elderly parents that hunt and young kids just getting into hunting. I can certainly see these type of blinds being a huge benefit to me and mine. Keep warm on really cold days, minimize movement, reduce scent, etc. That being said I can still see myself hunting from a hang-on / ladder stand 98% of the time.

No question, it's not the same experience being in a blind. But as gwm as said, they certainly have their place.

I MUCH prefer being in an open stand to hear/see everything, but couldn't hunt with Jake nearly as much if we didn't have the blinds.

-John

Next question on the redneck. Can you open the windows with deer in close proximity and not get busted by sight and or movement?

I can't speak for the redneck but I can for a shadow hunter. I can open close and not get busted. When I bought mine it was at a show. I compared redneck to the shadow hunter. I picked the shadow hunter. I just couldn't see paying the extra for the redneck.

Blind is kinda on a hill so I didn't really need the 15 footer. I should have gotten it though, higher is always better.

As for it falling over look close on the video at the bottom legs opposite the tractor. It was strapped to ground stakes per the instructions and those things worked.

The windows are quite until the hinges get rusty.

Not at all like being in an open stand. I have one area with a latter stand 20 yards from a box. With a bow and on decent days I'm in the ladderstand.
But when it dips below 20, cold wind, rain or snow they make it really nice.

I've heard "professionals" say you can't kill a pope and young class from a box. But we have. Just like any stand you have to hunt them smart.

Blind is kinda on a hill so I didn't really need the 15 footer. I should have gotten it though, higher is always better.

As for it falling over look close on the video at the bottom legs opposite the tractor. It was strapped to ground stakes per the instructions and those things worked.

The windows are quite until the hinges get rusty.

Not at all like being in an open stand. I have one area with a latter stand 20 yards from a box. With a bow and on decent days I'm in the ladderstand.
But when it dips below 20, cold wind, rain or snow they make it really nice.

I've heard "professionals" say you can't kill a pope and young class from a box. But we have. Just like any stand you have to hunt them smart.

Would it ever get to the point where you could not shoot or see a deer at point blank range because you are at 15' high? Meaning the angles don't allow it?

Would it ever get to the point where you could not shoot or see a deer at point blank range because you are at 15' high? Meaning the angles don't allow it?

That's happened to me with the 10 footer. Well, the didn't see them part. I've had them just appear from under my view. But they seem to sometimes just appear in any stand.

Ya I guess I would miss the 15 mph wind whipping over my face. Maybe the sound of rain coming down in sheets get my cloths all wet. No I don't think I would miss anything in those blinds not even a nap.

That's happened to me with the 10 footer. Well, the didn't see them part. I've had them just appear from under my view. But they seem to sometimes just appear in any stand.

So do you see any downside to the 15'?

Are you a hunter or a bird watcher? Both are mutually exclusive ... one uses the other to gauge target game sign, activity, etc. The other uses it to have a feel good moment ... absent of hunting results.

A blind can give you complete scent, movement, etc control. Allows you to stay on the stand in very difficult weather. It is also limited geographically and generally cannot be moved. It also requires significant patience as you need to sit all day, or locate where you think deer will be.

For 10 years I sat strictly hang on or ladder stands and had all sorts of nature experiences ... saw or shot very few deer during gun season.

Neither is a bad choice, just have to decide the typoe of experience you want.

Nope. Other than if you put it in the timber. You'll have to trim spotting lanes higher.

My shadow hunter is 20'. If your worried about the angle and not being able to get the shot somethings wrong. They have to come in of go from that point so you should see them one way or the other. This fall I took one who was about 10' from my ladder to climb up the stand.

After using them for a season, here's what I was able to learn. 1st thing you do when you get in the Redneck is open every single window once. You`re good after that, but they literally seal when left closed for days and create a sucking sound the first time they're opened, which would be an issue if a deer is 20 yards away. Open once and they are silent.

I'm not a huge fan of the Redneck chairs. I'd rather use an old office chair on rollers.

The window curtain system needs work. The curtains don't stick in place well. I haven't had the time to come up with a solution I'm thrilled with yet, but I have 0 doubt I will.

I'm EXTREMELY picky/demanding. That's all I can come up with to complain about, and that really says a lot. I love them. In fact, my daughter shot her first doe out of one on Friday (she shot her first buck out of a ground blind on Thursday...awesome 2 days). Deer all around us, never had a clue. In fact, 2 of the bucks stayed after she shot the doe....with a shotgun.

After using them for a season, here's what I was able to learn. 1st thing you do when you get in the Redneck is open every single window once. You`re good after that, but they literally seal when left closed for days and create a sucking sound the first time they're opened, which would be an issue if a deer is 20 yards away. Open once and they are silent.

I'm not a huge fan of the Redneck chairs. I'd rather use an old office chair on rollers.

The window curtain system needs work. The curtains don't stick in place well. I haven't had the time to come up with a solution I'm thrilled with yet, but I have 0 doubt I will.

I'm EXTREMELY picky/demanding. That's all I can come up with to complain about, and that really says a lot. I love them. In fact, my daughter shot her first doe out of one on Friday (she shot her first buck out of a ground blind on Thursday...awesome 2 days). Deer all around us, never had a clue. In fact, 2 of the bucks stayed after she shot the doe....with a shotgun.
Steve would you suggest the 15' or 10' for me ?