Going after a new blind tomorrow.

Looks good Foggy.

Deer acclimate to things way faster than you would think especially if they dont associate them with danger. Not to say it hurts to break up the outline of something, but personally I dont think it is necessary.
TC,
I think you are right, mine stand out way more than Foggy's, mainly because 2 of them still just have white housewrap on them, and they don't seem to bother the deer at all. I think it's much more important to have the lower portion brushed in to hide your entry and exit. Much like Foggy's is.

Just a question. Would a guy want to tuck that into a ever green or some other cover to break up the blind a little more?

I have my permanent blind at ground level on edge of food plot and the deer have become so comfortable with it they will bed down in front of it.

My stand looks like it "sticks out" more in these pictures than it does in the field. Its the first thing I thought too when I posted. Seems to blend in better when you are on site.

When I took these pics....I was trying to keep my Jeep out of the pics. It's just off camera in the bushes.

Nice looking blind Foggy.

Couple points.

Regarding the blind and break-up. One thing I notice is that you can look at this blind from the ground......and not see the person sitting in the blind. This is especially true with the smoke glass windows. I may get some camo cover screens for the back windows.....which would serve to help even more......but it's really good as it is now.

These blinds are TIGHT! If you keep the windows closed you keep the scent in. It's incredibly quiet sitting in this blind.

The view out of this blind is remarkable. Feels surreal sitting up there.

Windows operate quietly and smoothly with a draw cord to lift them.

Getting in and out of this blind is easy compared to my other blinds. Great Steps. I like the railings and platform at the top. This is becoming a big deal to me as my joints are going 'south'. This is one reason for me getting this blind.......I can extend my hunting into the years to come. So.....why wait on a blind of this type for some years away.....when you can own it now? :D

I rest my case. ;)

Couple points.

Regarding the blind and break-up. One thing I notice is that you can look at this blind from the ground......and not see the person sitting in the blind. This is especially true with the smoke glass windows. I may get some camo cover screens for the back windows.....which would serve to help even more......but it's really good as it is now.

These blinds are TIGHT! If you keep the windows closed you keep the scent in. It's incredibly quiet sitting in this blind.

The view out of this blind is remarkable. Feels surreal sitting up there.

Windows operate quietly and smoothly with a draw cord to lift them.

Getting in and out of this blind is easy compared to my other blinds. Great Steps. I like the railings and platform at the top. This is becoming a big deal to me as my joints are going 'south'. This is one reason for me getting this blind.......I can extend my hunting into the years to come. So.....why wait on a blind of this type for some years away.....when you can own it now? :D

I rest my case. ;)

Here was my point. Deer get used to the blind and will walk out no problem. My question is when you start opening windows and drawing a bow or moving to get into position for a shot with the windows open. Would cover help once you are looking to shoot at a deer less than 30 yards away with a bow? That was kinda what I was getting at.
The goal here is to shoot the deer right? Not just watch them.

Here was my point. Deer get used to the blind and will walk out no problem. My question is when you start opening windows and drawing a bow or moving to get into position for a shot with the windows open. Would cover help once you are looking to shoot at a deer less than 30 yards away with a bow? That was kinda what I was getting at.
The goal here is to shoot the deer right? Not just watch them.

I watch more deer than I shoot....by a wide margin. Kinda like setting out the decoys when a doe is in the plots. Often.....I will hunt with the windows open....it all depends on the wind and cold. When its cold and windy, nasty.....its nice to just open that window when your ready to shoot. Gotta have super quiet, smooth operating windows when deer are within bow range.

Last report and pics on this project.

Today I went back to properly level and anchor down the stand. Using there instructions I got this stand quite level (not even 1/8 bubble out) and very secure.
I am impressed that they had lots of extra bolts, nuts and washers. No shortages of any kind. Then too....the hardware was complete down to the storm anchor, turnbuckle and cable, etc. Nothing more to buy or to paint. Just assemble and your done. Nice touches like pads for the ladder so it doesn't dig into the ground.

Mind that this is an expensive blind.....but at least it is COMPLETE and you are not making unscheduled trips to the hardware store because they didnt include enough in the package. Refreshing in todays times.
details.JPG
18" long pins anchor each corner after you are leveled up. And a cable with turnbuckle and the right hardware pull the blind to the ground.

details 2.JPG
I like the safety aspects of the ladder and handrails on the ladder and at the top. Makes it easy on us old duffers. Nothing cheesy here.
details 3.JPG

The view from the inside is pretty sweet. Tempered glass windows raise by pulling a cord. I think the shelves should work to hold a rifle rest or a bipod I fashioned for my crossbow. With the windows closed.....it feels like sitting in the sound chamber when I get my hearing tested. ;)

OK.....That about sums up my experience with erecting this blind. It's long overdue for me. It should work out for bow hunting or rifle hunts. Hope I put it in the right place. :D

I like your screening right in front of the stand foggy.

Foggy-

Have those beans been heavily browsed by the deer? Thought I saw a containment cage somewhere earlier? I planted these 1 bag per acre with zero fertilizer. Trying to compare soil diffs-

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

Yep.....my beans are browsed to about 1/3 of what they might be without deer in the hood. Just saw my exclusion cage today when picking up chips from my cameras. Beans may look nearly as good as your pic......if not for my deer.

Went to a deer seminar over in Wi., hunter asked what to do, the deer used to enter by his blind, now enter on the other end. Was told to move the blind to the other end. Once they get wise to either a missed shot or scent, they will move.

Went to a deer seminar over in Wi., hunter asked what to do, the deer used to enter by his blind, now enter on the other end. Was told to move the blind to the other end. Once they get wise to either a missed shot or scent, they will move.

Yep. Outsmart 'em. Put your cozy blind up and sit on the ground and freeze your butt off while they walk past your stand. That'll teach 'em. ;)

That ^^^ made me chuckle!

We took three good bucks out of the same stand last year. Three hunters in three sits. The best 10 pointer is going on the wall. The blind continues to let us watch good deer. We have likely taken 10 deer out of this stand......and they have not figured it out yet. ;)

jon buck.JPG

What are those blinds going for? What is the cost of the 10' platform? I really like the steps with handrails.

The old adage....."If you gotta know the price.....you can't afford it".....may apply here. ;) Prices are similar at all the dealers.....but they do have some discount in winter.

Check this site for prices on the model you may want. www.northwoodsoutdoors.com

Thanks. I looked a few places and couldn't find prices. I just built this one and raised it up last weekend. Haven't added up the final price but my gut says I have close to $1200, maybe even more, in it.boxblind8.jpg

^ Good looking blind. Yep, you can definitely save some money by building your own. I have a few home-mades.....and a few budget roto-molded units.....but none that look that nice.....until I bought the Red Neck. Nice work. Congrats!