Going after a new blind tomorrow.

foggy

5 year old buck +
I've been "lusting" for the Redneck Predator 360 Crossover blind for a long time. Tommorow is the day I'm going to pick one up. :) :) ......and this blind is for ME. Someone wants to sit in my blind WITH ME....thats fine....and they can pull the trigger. But this blind is gonna be MY blind. :D

gonna put it on a 10 foot stand.

(I've got family that chooses between six box blinds on my land....and I have always had last choice of one of my blinds. That day is over. :D )

Redneck are sweet for sure. Are you getting the stand with it or making your own? PIC's PIC's Congrat's.

I'm getting their 10 foot stand with their anchors and ladder.

Got a dollar it will be set in the SW corner of the place. I thinks that is where the 400 acre semi sanctuary sits?

Got a dollar it will be set in the SW corner of the place. I thinks that is where the 400 acre semi sanctuary sits?

Actually no. I think I am going to put this at my "rifle range".....which is also now a soybean plot with fall mix planted into it. It may not be the very best spot....but then again it may be. The rifle range is a pinch point between two swamps and I always get big bucks passing thru there. One other reason is that I can slip in and out of this area in seconds when I park at my gate (for bow hunting) and the deer will never know I was there. During gun season I can park my golf cart nearby and go to help get deer out of the woods for my family (I always get the call at 9 AM with a need for help tracking a deer :rolleyes:) so that is part of my equation too. Then too, my daughters may go along to take pics and for the experience.....and its easy in and out if they want to leave after an hour or so.

Hope its a good spot......if not.....I can move it. My game cameras have got lots of good pics here so far.

Last edited:
Congrats on the purchase. Please post up pics when you get it.

I've been debating on the Redneck and Shadow Hunter for a while and just looked at a Muddy "The Bull" blind this last weekend. They're all nice!

Tom- is it big enough for a rain dance?:D

Congrats. They sure are sweet!
I wish I could swing on but I'm to tight Gonna build a tower blind on skids

I'm jealous Foggy. Do you bow hunt? Is the 5x6 one big enough to bow hunt out of do you think?

I'm jealous Foggy. Do you bow hunt? Is the 5x6 one big enough to bow hunt out of do you think?

Yep.....but I hunt with a cross-bow. I think the 5x6' Predator is just about the perfect size for gun or most bow hunting. If you get much bigger you get too far away from the windows making it harder to see well. Two people can gun hunt in one stand........so I can bring one of my daughters along for photos or just to watch, or a young hunter on his first hunt, etc.

These cost a few more dollars than I want to pay........but I am worth it. ;)

Yep.....but I hunt with a cross-bow. I think the 5x6' Predator is just about the perfect size for gun or most bow hunting. If you get much bigger you get too far away from the windows making it harder to see well. Two people can gun hunt in one stand........so I can bring one of my daughters along for photos or just to watch, or a young hunter on his first hunt, etc.

These cost a few more dollars than I want to pay........but I am worth it. ;)

I demand a detailed narrative on the installation and a review once its up. Pictures are required. ;)

I demand a detailed narrative on the installation and a review once its up. Pictures are required. ;)

Seconded!^^^

That's the model I picked up for a couple clients. I like them.

Last edited:
My buddie has rednecks, I have shadowhunters. Can't go wrong with either as long as they are the octagon models for field of view. Smoked glass is also nice with the standup peepholes. Heater on low and You can hunt all day in long underwear in severe cold. We have 2 swivel office chairs in ours. Deer cant see or smell You.

Opinion on which one has the quieter floor?

What about longevity when comparing the two? Which one will stand up to the elements better long term?

Woot! Moneybags alert, he dropped it like it was hot!
mic-drop.gif

I'd guess that either brand will last for 20++ years........and I doubt that at my age I will give two-schmidts about it by then. ;)

I've got a few different box blinds. It's almost hard to get busted by the deer winding us anymore. Also.....even hunting with the windows open.....if you keep your movements slow and to a minimum we don't get busted. Noise has been a non-event too.

I have experimented.....and what seems loud inside these blinds is not very loud (if any) at 20+ yards. Don't get me wrong.....you can botch it up.....but why would you? Carpet masks most sounds.

Last edited:
I have experimented.....and what seems loud inside these blinds is not very loud (if any) at 20+ yards. Carpet masks most sounds.

Good info. Reminds of Double Bull days when guys would call and complain that their bow gets louder when they hunt in a blind.