Glyphosate (dangerous??)

Thanks for the update Tap. Wish you continued improvement. We can never be too cautious when it comes to chemical contact or too much processed food or lack of exercise or whatever. There's always room for improvement. Most of us here know what to do, it's just a matter of getting the job done.

Reactions: Tap
I have an older friend who tested negative for Lyme disease three or more times over a period of two years. It then turned out that he did have Lyme disease. He was then treated for it and made a good recovery. When I have a tick on me for more than 24 hours which has happened a couple of times after working at my farm, my Doctor gives me a Rx of dicocline (sp?) as a preventative measure.
TAP, sorry for all your problems and I hope you find a solution soon.

that preventative mentality of the Dicloxacillin is exazctly the kind of use that promotes resistance build up in biotics, when and if you do finally come down with lyme, it may not respond to the treatment.

that preventative mentality of the Dicloxacillin is exazctly the kind of use that promotes resistance build up in biotics, when and if you do finally come down with lyme, it may not respond to the treatment.

Actually antibiotic resistance is a bit more complex. It is when a pathogen is present and exposed to an antibiotic but not completely killed that the pathogen has an opportunity to adapt to the antibiotic. A much larger contributor to antibiotic resistance is non-compliance. Someone who is prescribed an antibiotic who takes it for a short period, starts feeling better, and stops rather than completing the dosage and if not completely 100% clear, does not follow up with the physician for more or a different antibiotic if needed. What happens is that there are individuals (or groups of individuals) in any population that have a naturally higher resistance to some drug or chemical like an antibiotic. Those with the least resistance are removed from the population first when exposed. If the individual's immune system does not overwhelm the rest and they can produce future generations, the new population will have a much higher percentage of individuals (or groups) that have a resistance to the drug.

Given the consequences of Lyme disease along with the inconclusiveness of current testing, prophylactic use of antibiotics is not unreasonable.

It is Doxycycline and another drug that has been effective if administered early is Minocycline (a cousin).

Thanks,

Jack

Actually antibiotic resistance is a bit more complex. It is when a pathogen is present and exposed to an antibiotic but not completely killed that the pathogen has an opportunity to adapt to the antibiotic. A much larger contributor to antibiotic resistance is non-compliance. Someone who is prescribed an antibiotic who takes it for a short period, starts feeling better, and stops rather than completing the dosage and if not completely 100% clear, does not follow up with the physician for more or a different antibiotic if needed. What happens is that there are individuals (or groups of individuals) in any population that have a naturally higher resistance to some drug or chemical like an antibiotic. Those with the least resistance are removed from the population first when exposed. If the individual's immune system does not overwhelm the rest and they can produce future generations, the new population will have a much higher percentage of individuals (or groups) that have a resistance to the drug.

Given the consequences of Lyme disease along with the inconclusiveness of current testing, prophylactic use of antibiotics is not unreasonable.

It is Doxycycline and another drug that has been effective if administered early is Minocycline (a cousin).

Thanks,

Jack

Kind of like misusing herbicides. That's how we are developing herbicide resistant weeds.

Kind of like misusing herbicides. That's how we are developing herbicide resistant weeds.

Very similar. The mechanism for bacteria becoming resistant to an antibiotic is the same as a weed becoming resistant to a herbicide. I did oversimplify a bit in the above post as the process involves both genetics and epigenetics but my point holds. There are no absolutes when it comes to use. It boils down to using good judgment in each particular case weighing the potential risks and benefits. Giving a patient an antibiotic just to make them happy or for the placebo effect when there is no historic or clinical evident of a bacterial infection and you judgment says they have a cold or flu is clearly a misuse of an antibiotic where the risks to the general population thru antibiotic resistance far exceed any differential benefit to the patient. Some antibiotics were specifically targeted at increasing livestock weight. Think about how bacteria could be exposed to small enough doses in the environment to increase their resistance. Antibiotic resistance is a big problem, but the cause was not simple and neither will be the solution.

Thanks,

Jack

I saw that. Was waiting for someone to comment on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not much new here. It is just the first salvo. There will be appeals and things will drag on for many years. I'm sure Monsanto has seen this on the horizon for quite a while and has plenty of reserves to cover the final outcome. The late night attorney class action advertisements have been including Roundup for at least the last several weeks and I'm sure we will see more of them after this.

Funny how Monsanto is a victim of their own success in this area. There are way more dangerous chemicals out there, but the marketing success of roundup and the wide ubiquitous use makes the potential "victim" count huge which makes it a great target for class action suits. Individual litigation seems to be a precursor to class action.

Thanks,

Jack

What would be the next chemical you would use on multi flora rose? Talking about spraying it and not painting a cut stump.

What would be the next chemical you would use on multi flora rose? Talking about spraying it and not painting a cut stump.

Next cheapest one I'd try is Crossbow (generic = Crossroad).

Triclopyr herbicides will work well on MFR too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tinfoil hat time. Who is to say Monsanto isn’t behind that settlement. Since the patent expired on roundup it would be genius to get it declared hazardous and no longer available for use. Then you have a new silver bullet in reserve. It’s what happened with r-12 refrigerant.

I see the ambulance chasers are quick to jump on the bandwagon. Just caught a tv commercial about the ruling in July on Roundup and if you have problems and linked to non hodgkin's lymphoma call this number blah, blah, blah. Man they don't take long to fan the flames and hope some $$ come their way.

My hose broke on my sprayer yesterday and I got my boots and the bottom of my pants soaked with gly. Should I call lawyer ?

My hose broke on my sprayer yesterday and I got my boots and the bottom of my pants soaked with gly. Should I call lawyer ?
Oh man, you should go out and buy a new tractor, no-till seeder, more land, a yacht, new truck and anything else your heart desires.

You have a slam dunk, open and shut case. Sue Monsanto, sue the adjuvant makers, sue the sprayer and hose manufacturer, sue the boot manufacturer because they weren't high enough, sue the Ford dealer because that's what you used to drive to the spray site, sue the pant manufacturer just because you can, and sue your parents because they didn't teach you better. Dude, you are about to be wealthy...welcome to modern day, litigious America. Makes me wanna puke.

........dont forget this forum

bill

........dont forget this forum

bill
Can't get blood from a stone

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Who is Sue Monsanto?

Monsanto lost the case for a lot of reasons. It’s pretty scary when you read the e-mails that were used in court. One example is when Monsanto hired an independent scientist to study Roundup. His report suggested that it was capable of causing cell damage. As a result, he recommended doing more studies to investigate. Monsanto didn’t want to spend the money or provide the info to government agencies, so instead they buried the report and ghost wrote their own studies. Other emails show a lead toxicologist admitting there was no proof that it was safe.

Tap, while you're waiting on the doctors to figure out what is ailing you, I urge you to eat as much natural, highly nutritious food as possible. If you don't have your own garden, buy your vegetables from the farmer's market instead of the grocery store. Get your fruit from local orchards, buy grass fed beef from a butcher. Vegetables and fruit don't typically add the full set of nutrients and phytochemicals to their fruit until the last week of ripening. Apples picked ripe off the tree will keep the doctor away, while those picked early to store and ship won't. A canteloupe picked at ripeness, or a bell pepper picked when turning red are tons better for you than what you'll find in stores. And they taste much better too.

I'm not trying to say this will cure you, but I think most people would be amazed at the difference nutrient dense food actually makes towards someone's health.