Forage Peas

No - you do not want coffee bean or sickle pod. While it provides good cover and a seed that birds favor - including waterfowl - it is a weed you dont want in your fields. It occurs naturally at my place - it did NOT come in the tecomate mix
I had not heard of it before...and was just curious. I thought it was something you planted... Heck I'd just let my giant ragweed go then if I tried it!

I had not heard of it before...and was just curious. I thought it was something you planted... Heck I'd just let my giant ragweed go then if I tried it!
Giant ragweed would be perfect - except is doesnt get big enough quick enough before this stuff takes it down - at least at my place

I'm sure hairy vetch gets browsed some but I'd say it's not preferred, I add it to my cereal grains along with the clover for the N and mass when terminated. The vetch also climbs the rye like the peas.

j1emmHA.jpg

JrfOOQo.jpg

Scott, question with the vetch
Over the years, have u seen it escape the plot yet?
Heard it can be invasive, and tuff to terminate at times.
Was thinking of using as a spring cover and terminating with chem/mower mid July

Also, any experience with chickling or common vetch, from what I can tell they r close to one another, was leaning towards using chickling.

Scott, question with the vetch
Over the years, have u seen it escape the plot yet?
Heard it can be invasive, and tuff to terminate at times.
Was thinking of using as a spring cover and terminating with chem/mower mid July

Also, any experience with chickling or common vetch, from what I can tell they r close to one another, was leaning towards using chickling.
I haven't noticed it being invasive, all the vetch I plant is terminated before it has went to seed I think. I have not seen any outside of the plots, I have only planted hairy vetch an no others.