For those who aren't getting good pics right now?

Interesting. At what age does he see them leaving? One thing I've noticed in North MO is that the bucks are very nomadic, which doesn't seem to be the case a few miles north into Iowa.

He shows all his good and up and comers from trail cams to me. I’ve never seen what I would consider a 5 year old and few that I would call 4. 3 year olds behind every tree..not really but plenty of them.

I'm way behind on getting cameras out this year but the couple i do have out haven't snapped pics of a shooter. I think I only saw 1 shooter on cam before Oct on 2 properties last year so I'm not disappointed.

My summer cams I placed within the past few weeks haven't been hitting on bucks older than 2.5. Our across the fence neighbor is getting a few good ones however. He's closer to the soybeans in our hood. When the beans start yellowing in a few weeks then it's game on.

My summer cams I placed within the past few weeks haven't been hitting on bucks older than 2.5. Our across the fence neighbor is getting a few good ones however. He's closer to the soybeans in our hood. When the beans start yellowing in a few weeks then it's game on.
The beans are starting to change in our area.

Nice. What's a typical 1st frost date for you guys? Do you see the bucks shuffle around when they turn also? It's not scientific, just seems the velvet sheds along with a preferred food source turning off at the same time seems to really change their ranges.

Nice. What's a typical 1st frost date for you guys? Do you see the bucks shuffle around when they turn also? It's not scientific, just seems the velvet sheds along with a preferred food source turning off at the same time seems to really change their ranges.
I’m waiting for this pattern change with bated breathe. Only pics of any bucks I happen to get are near my lines that have beans nearby. Anything on my interior away from beans is a buck ghost town. I just filled two feeders Friday with protein and I haven’t gotten a single buck besides a spike

Grabbed cams from Ohio this weekend. Loaded with 2s and 3s....not one older. EHD hit it hard last year. Maybe thats why. Hoping the velvet shift take some youngins away and brings in a 5yo....

Is anyone else still waiting? (LOL)

My cameras have all but went dead...

When the mercury drops and the acorns are cleaned up my plots will start to fill up with deer. Other than the 20th through the 30th of October the late season is my favorite time of year to hunt. I really hate hunting during "the rut" way to unpredictable and throw in two 9 day gun seasons it really isn't a great time time to be in the woods.