First seat time of 2015!

browndog

5 year old buck +
Decided to get a little tractor therapy in today and do some brushhogging.:D I had two corn plots that were eaten up by mid December so I smashed them up today. It was a little chilly(had a little snow squall come through) but the smell of smashed up cornstalks took my mind off of it.

Last edited:
That looks truly therapeutic!

I can't wait for some seat time. New tractor delivered in Dec. Not much seat time except pushing a little snow.

I can't wait for some seat time. New tractor delivered in Dec. Not much seat time except pushing a little snow.

I hear ya'. I haven't had the tractor out since late October.

So jealous. It seems like this winter is never going to end. Had our 20th day below 0 today, a new record for Syracuse. 9 out of last 10. I can't wait for the smell of dirt.

Browndog
What kind of cutter do you have? I'm thinking of getting a King Kutter.

Browndog
What kind of cutter do you have? I'm thinking of getting a King Kutter.

Bush Hog SQ160.

Did you find any sheds while you were chopping your field? It looks like a good spot to find a shed - hopefully you found them before they were chopped into pieces.

Did you find any sheds while you were chopping your field? It looks like a good spot to find a shed - hopefully you found them before they were chopped into pieces.

No sheds. This plot is about 1 acre and was planted 1/2 soybeans and 1/2 corn. Beans were excellent and were wiped out during the cold spell the week of gun hunting and then they hit the corn right after that. Hardly any tracks in this plot since mid December so I didn't have high hopes of finding any sheds.

Definitely the way to go with cleaning up your corn if you can. The corn stalks will disk in 5 times better now than they would if you mowed it down in the spring. You really need more corn and beans if you want to find sheds in your plots. I have enough time keeping any beans around until New Years and that's with 8 acres or so planted every year.