favorite snacks on stand?

N

non-pro-archer

What's your favorite snacks on stand? I love pistachios and granola bars, and if it's an all day sit I take a thermos with chicken noodle soup and a couple waters. I never take candy or anything like that.

Trail mix, granola bars or left over Halloween candy!:D

Triple decker peanut butter and jelly. Three pieces of white bread, top and bottom get raspberry preserves, middle gets peanut butter on both sides. Try it, you'll be amazed :D!

I'll mix up some peanuts, cashews & M&M's. A thermos of hot chocolate if cold enough.

In a sucker for nutty bars. I take granola bars too an PBanJ's. Water to drink

For all day sits I like snickers candy bars for some reason. Also, bring with a couple of turkey sandwiches, chips, an apple and a bottle of water.

I usually eat everything by 10am and come in for lunch then anyways.:(

My on-stand menu varies with the flavor of the day, jerky of some sort is a staple though. I have an uncle that will swear that Girl Scout Thin Mints will draw deer in. Over the years, he has shot 3 deer while in the process of eating Thin Mints and has had many others approach his stand that he let walk. He always has a box of them in the stand with him.

Some of you guys eat a lot out there. If I ate that much I would need to take some TP with me to take care of business later on.

Small Thermos of Coffee, bottle of water, and left-over Halloween mini-candy bars. Also, like some hard candy to prevent coughing and keep me from dipping into my Jack Links Jerky "chew". (butterscotch or wethers are good)

I gave up chewing tobacco several years ago. Tried all kinds of stuff to quit chewing......then I substituted "jerky chew" for the tobacco.....and never gave up on the jerky chew. Sounds silly....but it worked for me. Same texture / same pinch / not gum, mints, or candy. I'm happy. :) (I got a small mind to fool.)

deer jerky, snickers and water, if it's an all day hunt I'll take a sandwich or two and a couple apples as well

I bring Mt Chill (generic mt dew) and also go for beef jerky, peanut m&m's, and sometimes I'll have a breakfast bar with me. I usually don't eat much in the tree. I've only had pop with me this year.

Snickers bar for bow hunting ... I can tell why some of you guys never see anything, you are too busy eating up in the tree.

lol....your right......I got family that never stops eating on stand. But on the wall next to me is a buck I killed at 12:30 PM. I was sitting backwards in my ladder stand (wind switched) and I was eating a ham sandwich and drinking coffee. Those were the days of dark to dark sits in the stand. Had I gone to the restaurant I wuolda had nodda.

^ Another reason I like my climber. Wind shift or expected travel direction changes and you just scoot around the tree.

Deer summersausage with cheese and ritz crackers - I can eat that stuff all day long! I also like pop-tarts on morning hunts.

If it's only a morning or evening hunt, I rarely bring anything to eat.

For all day sits; its a sandwich, a couple small snickers bars, and maybe some deer sticks.

Usually bring coffee and a water bottle too.

-John

i just keep a couple packs of the snack crackers nabs. like the cheese crackers or peanut butter ones and a bottle of water, but I rarely eat anything on a normal sit.

Just an observation - when questions come up about scents, tree stand types , etc., you get a few people to answer. Ask about food - and we get detailed menu info. My fav is Bueller's method of building a triple - decker pb&j. Sounds like some of you start preparing / packing food the day before the hunt!!! ( It reminds me of my camp. We don't kill lots of deer, but we eat REAL well !!! ) LOL :D

My must haves for a dark to dark sit in a tree stand is my home - made granola, 2 apples, bottle of cranberry juice, bottle of water, dry-roasted p-nuts. It all fits in my smallish fanny pack & hangs on a hook next to me in the tree.

lol....your right......I got family that never stops eating on stand. But on the wall next to me is a buck I killed at 12:30 PM. I was sitting backwards in my ladder stand (wind switched) and I was eating a ham sandwich and drinking coffee. Those were the days of dark to dark sits in the stand. Had I gone to the restaurant I wuolda had nodda.

Foggy ... I walked backed out to my stand after lunch during gun season several years ago only to watch a huge 10 point walk by my stand and disappear into the woods. Never again ...

I love when the Packers play on Sunday of gun season ... I will be back out in my stand at half time. You would be amazed at the deer movement after the game as guys are racing back out to their as they are late and in a hurry.