Elk hunt

Bigshooter19

5 year old buck +
Anyone know any good outfitters for elk hunting? We were thinking about Colorado but open to other places. Thanks

Don't know any, but good luck!

Southern Colorado has great public according to a guy that I met at Broncos-Vikes game last year.

He said it was very overlooked??

Do you have any preference points and what kind of budget do you have? If you have no points northern Colorado around Meeker is a place to start. That area has allot of hunters but also allot of Elk. Idaho does not require points and has pockets of good animals.

If you haven't done alot of planning a DIY elk hunt can be tough.We have done 4 or 5 and 2 of us guided elk hunts years ago.It is a great time and if you have done any backpacking it can even be better.New mexico is great if you can draw.We have done CO and NM and hunted in ID with an outfitter friend once.I would start maybe by looking at outfitter reports on bowsite.com

Do you have any preference points and what kind of budget do you have? If you have no points northern Colorado around Meeker is a place to start. That area has allot of hunters but also allot of Elk. Idaho does not require points and has pockets of good animals.
No we don't have any points. That's why we wanted to go to Colorado because you can buy over the counter tags. We were looking around that Craig and meeker area. There will be 6 of us going trying to keep it around 2500-per person. Kinda want to do a drop tent type thing. I know going in all of us getting a elk is next to 0% chance. But we would like to test are abilities and see how we could do. If one of us could get one we would be happy. Life's about making memories. Also we would be doing it with rifles.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

No we don't have any points. That's why we wanted to go to Colorado because you can buy over the counter tags. We were looking around that Craig and meeker area. There will be 6 of us going trying to keep it around 2500-per person. Kinda want to do a drop tent type thing. I know going in all of us getting a elk is next to 0% chance. But we would like to test are abilities and see how we could do. If one of us could get one we would be happy. Life's about making memories. Also we would be doing it with rifles.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk
I have done exactly what you described. If your on a hunt around meeker/Craig and you see an animal take it as the pressure is high.

Make certain you know your groups expectations and that the drop camp can fullfill that. We went on one drop camp hunt (arranged by my buddy) and it was a human freeway right past our camp. The whole idea of being on a western hunt was lost and few of the guys were not happy.

Make a list of questions agreed to by your group and start your homework.

here is a site that provides reviews of outfitters and the group here will point you in the right direction.

http://www.bowsite.com/bowsite/home1/

Go to the bottom of the page.

Good luck!

Were you looking at archery or rifle?