Elevator brackets? Any reviews?

j-bird

I have a local big box store that has elevator brackets that I am interested in that they only carry seasonally (deer season). I have a couple elevated home-made blinds that I am considering putting on a more secure tower (currently on scaffolding) and I thought these may be just the ticket. Any of you guys use these in the past? Any issues with them?

Cabelas has them for $90, BP has a set of 4 for $100 and they are an hour plus away! I can get these local for $80.

stand brackets.jpg

I'VE got 4 a couple stands with these elevators brackets and have helped put up a few more. Good stuff - work fine. You can also find them online for similar money. Check Amazon.com

Yes. They are solid and work great. Love them.

As foggy said you can get them anytime online for similar prices.

What do they do

Rip off run that 4x4 to the platform and nail it from top and sides. Key is bracing legs when u raise it

They are well worth it. I used them for my shadow hunter.

Agreed

IMG_1731_zpsyngayncn.jpg

IMG_1741_zps4omhnqqd.jpg

IMG_1712_zps8m6sdatf.jpg

awesome - I considered doing what dipper had suggested but it really needs to be a compound angle with the leg going in 2 directions and not just one for increased stability. I may spring for a set or two or three for some projects for next summer. The scaffding works but it can be a little shaky at times the higher you go. If I was handier with a welder I would make my own but.......lets just say I k ow welding isn't a strong skill set of mine!

awesome - I considered doing what dipper had suggested but it really needs to be a compound angle with the leg going in 2 directions and not just one for increased stability. I may spring for a set or two or three for some projects for next summer. The scaffding works but it can be a little shaky at times the higher you go. If I was handier with a welder I would make my own but.......lets just say I k ow welding isn't a strong skill set of mine!

My take on it is that you can do it without them. But it sure is a lot easier and probably more sturdy in the long run especially. Its a very solid connection at the highest stress point. I'm not carpenter so the piece of mind is worth it to me especially when my wife and kids are climbing up that thing.

Menards has them for $66.99 right now. Seasonal item as well. Just put a new platform up last week. Worked great and is rock solid with the compound angles.

The compound angles are the selling point. My stand is just over 17' tall to the deck. I wouldn't have gone that high with legs straight. My stand is also set on the ground not in it.

Menards has them for $66.99 right now. Seasonal item as well. Just put a new platform up last week. Worked great and is rock solid with the compound angles.
The ones I saw at that price where for the 2x4 - the 4x4 are what I posted above - make sure you get what you think you need. I want 4x4 legs and not 2x4 - I'm a B.U.F.F. sort of guy!!!

I am also not the greatest carpenter either and that piece of mind I feel is well worth it. I just didn't want to buy a few sets and THEN find out they where crap!

The ones I saw at that price where for the 2x4 - the 4x4 are what I posted above - make sure you get what you think you need. I want 4x4 legs and not 2x4 - I'm a B.U.F.F. sort of guy!!!

I am also not the greatest carpenter either and that piece of mind I feel is well worth it. I just didn't want to buy a few sets and THEN find out they where crap!

Did you see my link above for the 4x4 ones for $66?

I'm a little B.U.F.F. myself, and yes these are for the 4"x4" size. Surprisingly, Menards has those cheaper than the 2x4 brackets. I recently bought 2 sets of the 4" x 4" ones for regular price of $69.98.

Did you see my link above for the 4x4 ones for $66?
I did. I will look into those since I am looking at getting a few sets - may save me a few bucks as well.....OK, it won't save me anything, it just means I can buy beer as well!

I'm a little B.U.F.F. myself, and yes these are for the 4"x4" size. Surprisingly, Menards has those cheaper than the 2x4 brackets. I recently bought 2 sets of the 4" x 4" ones for regular price of $69.98.
That is odd - The ones I posted where from Menards. I think you may have cashed in on a mistake as I looked and the ones on the shelf and the 4x4 where more expensive than the 2x4 at my local store.

The peace of mind that comes with having a metal connection point at the highest stress area of an elevated platform is well worth the money, h#ll in my book they would be worth it if they were $100 per set of 4. I have made many platforms over the years without them and one with them, I would never go back to not using them. Bonus...I can make my own!;)

I did. I will look into those since I am looking at getting a few sets - may save me a few bucks as well.....OK, it won't save me anything, it just means I can buy beer as well!

That is odd - The ones I posted where from Menards. I think you may have cashed in on a mistake as I looked and the ones on the shelf and the 4x4 where more expensive than the 2x4 at my local store.
Could be, but they are that price online for my local store. I know there are regional difference in prices between store. Even within our own state. Like to see that BJE80 found them at FF for the same price. This is a great deal guys. Really are slick for putting up platforms.

http://www.menards.com/main/p-2806972-c-9593.htm?tid=-4654936915134355828

Last edited:
Waste of money. $80 for stencil on where to drill holes?

Last edited by a moderator:
Waste of money. $80 for stencil on where to drill holes?
Damn, that's one heavy duty stencil. With compound angles no less. Love 'em!!!