Dr. Harper's new book on food plots and early successional plants

BenAllgood

5 year old buck +
I just received this email from Dr. Harper:

"Ben,

The revised edition of Wildlife Food Plots and Early Successional Plants finally shipped last week and copies are now available at https://nocsopublishing.com/. The revised edition has been in process for almost 2 years. I revised all 15 chapters, rewrote a couple of them, included some new mixtures that we have been working on, included some hunting strategies throughout, updated and revised all appendices, including the herbicide appendices, added many new plants to the Plant ID Guide in the back, bringing the total to more than 300 species, which includes descriptive information for each, multiple color photos for each, information on whether the plant is good for wildlife or not, and if so, how, and if not, how to get rid of it. It should be very useful for any serious land manager who is using food plots in a management plan or is managing early successional communities. I appreciate your interest!

Craig"

Awesome. I'm a big fan of his work. That will be a must have item

Just ordered thanks!

Looks good. I do not see how you order the book though on that site? I entered the quantity and look for some way to proceed? Nothing.

Looks good. I do not see how you order the book though on that site? I entered the quantity and look for some way to proceed? Nothing.

Same thing happened to me but when I switched to a different web browser it started working. Chrome wasn’t working for me but was working for other people. IE worked for me.

Same thing happened to me but when I switched to a different web browser it started working. Chrome wasn’t working for me but was working for other people. IE worked for me.

Thanks Native. I'll give that a try.

Just ordered a copy. Time to start stockpiling my winter reading material while sitting in front of the wood stove.

Look what I just received...

b4f1ba1bce89e0c36f8788eb43dc559d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look what I just received...

b4f1ba1bce89e0c36f8788eb43dc559d.jpg

Just got mine too. I like the plant guide in the back. Lots of good info about how to control it if it's bad and the various wildlife benefits if it's good.

Is there much of a change from the version i bought last yr?

Old post but... curious to hear reviews on this book? Dr Harper is well respected in his field and a plethora of information.

I think you can find most of the same information either from him or other authorities for free online. With that said though, it's convenient, well written with useful photos, and worthy of financial support. I bought a copy for myself and another for my dad.

I think you can find most of the same information either from him or other authorities for free online. With that said though, it's convenient, well written with useful photos, and worthy of financial support. I bought a copy for myself and another for my dad.
Yeah same. It’s definitely handy and has some obviously great advice. I liked some of the plot mixtures he recommends and backs the reasons why he likes them with science. The plant guide in the back is great. It’s we’ll worth the money. I find myself flipping through it a good bit.

Great book. I don’t pick it up often but it is full of useful information.

Is it useful for upper the midwest (Wisconsin)? He is out of Tennessee correct?

Is it useful for upper the midwest (Wisconsin)? He is out of Tennessee correct?

He’s at the University Of Tennessee. My place is in North Carolina so it’s very valuable. I would imagine a lot of the information is still good for the Midwest but how much, I couldn’t say.