Do you remember it being colder

Coldest week in July here in Alabama I ever remember. High was 81 yesterday. We have about 3 weeks of sub 90 temps in a row.

Don’t cherry-pick Dawg! That’s not even where you live. You can always find a hot place to post. Show us your home location where it actually matters to you.

We have also shown that we are in a warming cycle coming out of little ice age. With no humans on the planet, we would still be warming. That’s indisputable.

"We have also shown that we are in a warming cycle coming out of little ice age. With no humans on the planet, we would still be warming. That’s indisputable."

That's where I'm at!

"We have also shown that we are in a warming cycle coming out of little ice age. With no humans on the planet, we would still be warming. That’s indisputable."

That's where I'm at!
But is it warming faster than it would be otherwise?

How would we know?

I've been trying to age some of my arrowheads lately. The time periods go from such and such warming period to such and such cooling period. I'd say we were in a warming period that came after the "Little Ice age" cooling period.
Maybe we are affecting the already scheduled warming, maybe not. I have a hard time listening to politicians that have lied about everything else telling me what to do about it.

Biden just announced that climate change is the existential threat to the planet. That's enough for me to think it's a lie.
Your milage may vary.

I wish we could get the truth. There is such an agenda with global warming….i mean climate change, it’s just impossible to know.

I have two advanced degrees, one in science. I took lots of ecology classes and the professor even wrote me a letter of recommendation. I’ve read every piece of evidence I can find on the issue. I just don’t see it.

The earth is old and complex. The weathermen literally can’t tell me if it will rain today or not with any certainty. So for people to say the case is settled on long term climate trends is laughable.

I’m a big believer in protecting and improving our planet. I think I have put my money where my mouth is in that regard. I refuse to let people flying private jets all over the place dictate policy to me on an issue that clearly is tied to money.

The USA should lean into our natural resources and have energy dominance for the next 100 years. That will improve everyone’s lives. Education and lack of poverty will help our planet more than anything. We should tie the wealth we make into long term movement away from fossil fuels to renewable resources. But this should be done in a way that doesn’t destroy people’s lives and done correctly over the long term.

My two cents.

I wish we could get the truth. There is such an agenda with global warming….i mean climate change, it’s just impossible to know.

I have two advanced degrees, one in science. I took lots of ecology classes and the professor even wrote me a letter of recommendation. I’ve read every piece of evidence I can find on the issue. I just don’t see it.

The earth is old and complex. The weathermen literally can’t tell me if it will rain today or not with any certainty. So for people to say the case is settled on long term climate trends is laughable.

I’m a big believer in protecting and improving our planet. I think I have put my money where my mouth is in that regard. I refuse to let people flying private jets all over the place dictate policy to me on an issue that clearly is tied to money.

The USA should lean into our natural resources and have energy dominance for the next 100 years. That will improve everyone’s lives. Education and lack of poverty will help our planet more than anything. We should tie the wealth we make into long term movement away from fossil fuels to renewable resources. But this should be done in a way that doesn’t destroy people’s lives and done correctly over the long term.

My two cents.
Agree totally. I’m simply point out, within our recorded records, it’s getting warmer, faster than ever before. Anecdotally I can feel it. Summers are worse and winters are milder.
What does that mean? Who knows. I hate the heat but even if it’s manmade you can’t put the toothpaste back in the bottle. Most of this silly mandates are virtue signaling bs. You want real change, rip up asphalt and concrete and shingle roofs, destroy solar polars radiating heat back into our atmosphere and put population controls on everyone, everywhere. Obviously that ridiculous, but all these other infringement of rights are for show. Not to mention we have no idea what’s causing the warm up. Like Paris trying to ban air conditioning for the Olympic dorms. If climate change is threatening our very civilization as they say, cancel the damn Olympics because lord knows how much greenhouse gas and emissions the Olympics contribute to. Otherwise those efforts are just for show.
With all that said I’m open to science and all good science should be evolving. Hopefully we get more answers and hopefully the powers to be let those answers be heard no matter what side of the spectrum the research falls on. I have my doubts they will though.

Last edited:
Agree totally. I’m simply point out, within our recorded records, it’s getting warmer, faster than ever before. Anecdotally I can feel it. Summers are worse and winters are milder.
What does that mean? Who knows. I hate the heat but even if it’s manmade you can’t put the toothpaste back in the bottle. Most of this silly mandates are virtue signaling bs. You want real change, rip up asphalt and concrete and shingle roofs, destroy solar polars radiating heat back into our atmosphere and put population controls on everyone, everywhere. Obviously that ridiculous, but all these other infringement of rights are for show. Not to mention we have no idea what’s causing the warm up. Like Paris trying to ban air conditioning for the Olympic dorms. If climate change is threatening our very civilization as they say, cancel the damn Olympics because lord knows how much greenhouse gas and emissions the Olympics contribute to. Otherwise those efforts are just for show.
With all that said I’m open to science and all good science should be evolving. Hopefully we get more answers and hopefully the powers to be let those answers be heard no matter what side of the spectrum the research falls on. I have my doubts they will though.
Agree man. I love talking about it. You’re a good one.

There is so much to consider on this. Every thing that has ever lived on this planet left its fingerprint on it. Everything no matter how long or brief. That being said, we can only control what we can control. I can’t help it that I choose to take my used motor oil in to be recycled and somewhere in Beijing someone is dumping theirs straight into a river. It sucks, but I can only do my part.

I’d like to have a super efficient house with solar panels on the roof and a windmill. And hopefully someday I will. We are conscious of our water use even though our neighbors fill a 1000 gallon pool even in the worst of droughts. I found some plastic baling twine in one of our fields a few years ago. That field hadn’t been baled in over 20 years and the twine looked brand new. Seems it doesn’t break down too easily. I made a decision that day to limit my use of plastics as much as possible. Can it be zero? No. But I can do my part even though there is a fish market in Japan that will produce more plastic waste in a day than I could in 10 lifetimes…

All the mandates put on us by our government will just shift the effect, it won’t eliminate it. I’m not a doomsayer, but I do think we can all do a little bit better in some aspect. I always try to do my part even if I know it isn’t really doing any good.

Basic biology would suggest the Earth has a carrying capacity. I have no idea what it might be or if we are anywhere near it. But I do know that our population isn’t going down so whatever it is, we are getting closer every day. I just think the right thing to do is make my footprint here as minimal as I can while still enjoying things. Fortunately I enjoy doing things that are a net positive. At least current understanding is they are positive.

Oh, and it does seem hotter than I remember…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is so much to consider on this. Every thing that has ever lived on this planet left its fingerprint on it. Everything no matter how long or brief. That being said, we can only control what we can control. I can’t help it that I choose to take my used motor oil in to be recycled and somewhere in Beijing someone is dumping theirs straight into a river. It sucks, but I can only do my part.

I’d like to have a super efficient house with solar panels on the roof and a windmill. And hopefully someday I will. We are conscious of our water use even though our neighbors fill a 1000 gallon pool even in the worst of droughts. I found some plastic baling twine in one of our fields a few years ago. That field hadn’t been baled in over 20 years and the twine looked brand new. Seems it doesn’t break down too easily. I made a decision that day to limit my use of plastics as much as possible. Can it be zero? No. But I can do my part even though there is a fish market in Japan that will produce more plastic waste in a day than I could in 10 lifetimes…

All the mandates put on us by our government will just shift the effect, it won’t eliminate it. I’m not a doomsayer, but I do think we can all do a little bit better in some aspect. I always try to do my part even if I know it isn’t really doing any good.

Basic biology would suggest the Earth has a carrying capacity. I have no idea what it might be or if we are anywhere near it. But I do know that our population isn’t going down so whatever it is, we are getting closer every day. I just think the right thing to do is make my footprint here as minimal as I can while still enjoying things. Fortunately I enjoy doing things that are a net positive. At least current understanding is they are positive.

Oh, and it does seem hotter than I remember…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Overpopulation theory has pretty much died out. Looks like we will peak at about 10-11 billion people then start to decline. Major fear now is not having enough young people to support all the old ones.