Deer Blind Windows

I framed in some drop down windows out of Plexiglas this spring and love them. I had sliding windows before and like said before you lose half your window and they are a bit of a pain when they catch on top or button when opening.

Wklman ... if you don't mind sharing, how did you attach the drop down rails?

I aluminum 0.25" tracks I am going to cut; however there is no obvious attachment to the wood framing ...

I just hinged them at the top with some small hinges and put a hook and eye on it to keep it up.

check out how they do the windows on the Natures View blinds. the tree looking blind. they have them at runnings.
I stopped at Runnings in Monty. Those stump looking blinds look like a prop from the Hobit moves my kids though we should get one . I'm just short the 4k that they cost. They look like they would be great blinds for late season.

I made sliding windows using cedar tounge and groove boards and 3/8" plexi glass that I tinted for the two blinds I built this winter/spring. The plexi fits into the groove of the cedar board and slides well but I improved it by putting red bearing grease on the bottom of the grooves and then put the plexi in. They are super quiet. They are 12" x 20" with vertical being the 20. I use weather stripping on the sides for wind proofing.

I prefer the sliding rather than the hinged as I have been busted by deer unseen by me when I opened the window and sun glare shined off of it. I hasn't happened since I switched out the other blind windows.

I hear you Deer Kar on those stump blinds. They look great but the price has to come down by a few thousand for me to even think about it.

Check out Deerviewwindows.com. Pricing is very good. I ordered 4 hinged windows in Grey. Easy to install and great windows. There customer service is excellent. My 48x12 window was delivered shattered. They sent a replacement right away. That one was shipped broken too. Now they are sending a 3rd replacement packaged differently. They also included two 24x12 windows in case something happens with the 3rd replacement. I would recommend them to anyone.

Check out Deerviewwindows.com. Pricing is very good. I ordered 4 hinged windows in Grey. Easy to install and great windows. There customer service is excellent. My 48x12 window was delivered shattered. They sent a replacement right away. That one was shipped broken too. Now they are sending a 3rd replacement packaged differently. They also included two 24x12 windows in case something happens with the 3rd replacement. I would recommend them to anyone.

I like these ... thanks!

When I build I often use cheap windows from craigslist or auctions, and if they are too big you can mask off the area you need to see from and spray the rest black. I lay sliders sideways and can crack open shooting space and frame balance with whatever.

I love having permanents in zero impact access/exit spots that I can hunt day after day without the deer knowing I am there, and the kids spend a lot of time in the comfy units.

I really like being able to have a stand that I can take one of the kids to that we can shut the windows except for a small gap to get the gun out.

Guys - I am building some tower stands this winter and want to put windows in them. If you guys have pictures of the window designs that work for you I would appreciate seeing them. As I am getting older I am definitely getting softer and want to be warm. This was a tough rifle season to be on stand all day due to the weather.

deer windows.gif

I went ahead and purchased the Deer View Windows. They were pretty simple to install. There is a soft felt material on one side to add a seal against the wood frame. Note water tight but should keep bugs & bees out.

The only draw back is there is no latch or hook to hold the window open. I installed bungees above the windows to hold them open.

Also note that they do not include screws for the close latch. I called the factory and they stated they did not include latch screws because they did not know what it would be attached to. I then asked why they were able to provide screws for the hinges ...

So far they seem to provide a good seal which will be tested next week as our gun season starts.

deer window hinge.gif

deer window closed.jpg

Are those the 10" or 12". I'm planning on building a new tower for next year and these are the windows I was going to use. 4'x4' enclosure. 36"x12" windows on each side. Could you install the windows so that they hinge down? Might have to make a latch to keep them closed...

I bought the 36x12 windows. Thought about installing them to open downward but was concerned if someone leaned forward, they could break the window hinge.

They do provide a small swivel latch to keep the window closed.

View attachment 2981

I went ahead and purchased the Deer View Windows. They were pretty simple to install. There is a soft felt material on one side to add a seal against the wood frame. Note water tight but should keep bugs & bees out.

The only draw back is there is no latch or hook to hold the window open. I installed bungees above the windows to hold them open.

Also note that they do not include screws for the close latch. I called the factory and they stated they did not include latch screws because they did not know what it would be attached to. I then asked why they were able to provide screws for the hinges ...

So far they seem to provide a good seal which will be tested next week as our gun season starts.

View attachment 2982

View attachment 2983

I used the same latch for the open and closed position. One on the bottom and one on the top. They provide enough for both. Works well. I also used my own deck screws for the latches.

View attachment 2981

View attachment 2982

View attachment 2983
Thanks for the photos. Helps a lot.