DIY blind windows

alldaysit

5 year old buck +
Anyone have a good design for blind windows? I’m going to be building a “lightweight” and “quick” 8’x8’ blind and need a simple window design. I’m not doing aluminum crank out windows or trailer house storm windows like my last two blinds again lol. I’ve designed plexiglass windows before but had trouble with the framing system and sliding rail system.

I would love to get my hands on the shadow hunter (correct me if I’m wrong about SH trim pieces) trim pieces that the plexiglass rides/slides on but I can’t find it anywhere and they didn’t sell it three years ago last time I checked. They may have patented it or source it from somewhere that I can’t find it.

Thanks in advance all!

I buy these
https://www.woodworkerexpress.com/p...x9-16hx72l-lower-size-5-8wx5-16hx72l-tan.html
and plexi glass at menards when it goes on sale and cut my windows to the size I want.

I build window frame and glue the rails on with plexi inserted as it allows me to make a correct fit for the rails and plexi. Make sure the deeper rails are at top.

Another way, and I think the easiest way is to make vertical sliders using synthetic decking with grooves already cut in. The sides and bottom will all be made of this decking with the channel for the plexi and then at the top it can be made close to air tight with weather stripping that sits on frame and pushes out at plexi. Have a string attached to the top of plexi and make a system for the string to be pulled from the side.

Look at deer view windows, I think you could fab some up pretty close with plexiglass and hinges . From my experience hinge windows are much quieter than sliding ones. I don't open mine until I am ready to shoot.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

check out originaldeerblindwindows.com I think is what it is,yes its a weird name.Another way I build plexi glass sliders was to find some tall storm windows and tear apart use the long portion of frame for your sliders say your opening is 18 inches I would use around 30 inch frame,It's not the quietest but they work