Cummins 2021 Trees

silver_yummies

5 year old buck +
Anybody have any insider intel as to when Cummins new web store will be live and functional? It’s said ‘coming soon’ for like 4 months now.

Anybody have any insider intel as to when Cummins new web store will be live and functional? It’s said ‘coming soon’ for like 4 months now.

I knew I wasn’t the only one checking the website weekly since the early summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I called and placed my order.

They told me they were designing a new website

Ha, guess I wasn't the only one.

Contacted them last Thursday. Said they are developing a new website, but are currently taking orders.

They sent me a pdf of what's available if anyone is interested. Bought a few rootstock. Nothing really caught my eye.

I have been checking for a while also, curious why they didn't just at least put out the stock/price list online in a pdf.

Good points Tree Spud. It seems to me that nurseries that have really good trees, are not that great a marketing. And nurseries that are really good at marketing, have trees that are not really that great. Cummins falls into the first category.

That said, I called Cummins last week and spoke with the person answering the phone (Alice). She sent me pdf list of trees/rootstocks for 2021. I called today and placed an order for what I wanted, finding that one of the five was sold out, so the list I received was not exactly current. Also, the list does not show what grades are available, so I had to select when placing my order on the phone. In my opinion Cummins has great trees, nice people, but marketing acumen… there might be room for improvement. Attached is the list I was working from as of Friday 12/4. (Yellow highlights are my preferred rootstocks, added by me, not them). Also, 2021 price schedule.

Attachments

• 2021 Tree Availability.pdf
    192.6 KB · Views: 72
  • 2021 Price Schedule (2).pdf
    59.7 KB · Views: 36
Well I said I was done ordering trees and was sticking to just what trees I graft from here on out. So much for that, I couldn't resist the Kerr on MM111 and ordered 4. Looks like they are "Fancy" grade trees from their price list and what was on the invoice Alice sent me. Based on my previous Cummins orders and their grading these should be some pretty nice trees.
I couldn't get an answer and their website says to email with your order. Alice emailed me back the following day that I had the trees and to send in payment. Still 7 Kerr on MM111 left. One of the harder varieties to find and a great nursery with nice trees. My sickness continues.