Cider Press ideas?

Derek Reese 29

5 year old buck +
Hey everyone!
Just wondering about a cheap but functional cider press to get for my parents in the ~200$ range….they made some cider this fall using a friends press from a prolific tree in their front yard and it was the best, most refreshing cider I’ve ever had..also kind of an Indian gift as I have 4+ dozen crab/apple/pear trees that will start producing more soon..to note we have never done this before and are rank amateurs if that helps….thanks for your help!!

Last edited:
Hey everyone!
Just wondering about a cheap but functional cider press to get for my parents in the ~200$ range….they made some cider this fall using a friends press from a prolific tree in their front yard and it was the best, most refreshing cider I’ve ever had..also kind of an Indian gift as I have 4+ dozen crab/apple/pear trees that will start producing more soon..to note we have never done this before and are rank amateurs if that helps….thanks for your help!!
I purchased this one a couple of years ago (China brand) and it's worked fine. They also sell a hand grinder/crusher. Ciber Monday price available today.

The macerator is the more expensive part. Freeze the apples and let them thaw, squeeze em when theyre cold.

That press is ctching my eye. I got a few more years of growth to go.